+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WBA v Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Of course I’d have been happy with a point. We were playing arguably the best side in the league on their home patch...what do you expect?
    I also said I had a feeling we might nick it. We did a lot more than that, but you’re missing the point.
    Last season you’d have been singing our praises, not predicting a 3-1 defeat, as Derby were - curiously - your ‘second’ side...this season it’s Leeds apparently. Don’t understand it but try not to tie yourself in too many knots this weekend.

Oh of course I'd hope for something like the 7-3 we did some seasons back, but hand on heart if Bielsa gets them going, we might end up with the same scoreline that you received on your last visit. It's a televised game out here too with the local betting agency offering odds. In games I expect Forest not to do well, I usually bet on total goals. So I'd take over on the Asian handicap and may make a bet on a late goal if the scores are level or 1 side leads by a solitary goal or slender lead. Not gonna be putting any money on a Forest win that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I'm tired of people calling Leeds scum. Do they still kick lumps out of opponents? That was the bad old Leeds
    from the 70s.
    It's time people move on and stop making football so tribal. It's still only a game or sport.
    Defining and racially profiling people based on whom they support is pathetic and childish. (And no, I'm not accusing you of the latter, I'd hope you'd have more compassion than that, but unfortunately there still loads of people out there who do. They if anything are the scum).
    I don't care how tired you are of people calling Leeds scum. If you are offended by what people write on football sites Then it's really easy not to go on them

I'm tired of people calling Leeds scum. Do they still kick lumps out of opponents? That was the bad old Leeds from the 70s.
    It's time people move on and stop making football so tribal. It's still only a game or sport.
    Defining and racially profiling people based on whom they support is pathetic and childish. (And no, I'm not accusing you of the latter, I'd hope you'd have more compassion than that, but unfortunately there still loads of people out there who do. They if anything are the scum).
    Oh lighten up Rom. Nobody’s ‘racially profiling’ anyone and nobody really thinks Leeds are ‘scum’. Old habits die hard it’s just banter and rivalry. They’re up there with Man.Utd and Millwall as teams I’ve never liked but it’s nothing more than a case of pantomime villains really, just as it is with your lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I don't care how tired you are of people calling Leeds scum. If you are offended by what people write on football sites Then it's really easy not to go on them
    ,This reply sums you up. I'm not offended. I'm not the one going beneath decency and civility by calling any class of people scum.

,This reply sums you up. I'm not offended. I'm not the one going beneath decency and civility by calling any
    class of people scum.
    Get a life Mr friggin perfect

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Get a life Mr friggin perfect
    Lolz there you go again. If by not calling people scum, I need to get a life, why thank you very much for such sound advice.
    I'll leave it as is, out of respect to Andy. You go right ahead with whatever you feel the need to let your angst out.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh lighten up Rom. Nobody’s ‘racially profiling’ anyone and nobody really thinks Leeds are ‘scum’. Old habits die hard it’s just banter and rivalry. They’re up there with Man.Utd and Millwall as teams I’ve never liked but it’s nothing more than a case of pantomime villains really, just as it is with your lot.
    Yup, RA sums this up better than I could. My dislike of Leeds Utd is deep rooted but if I saw a Leeds fan drowning I wouldn’t see a Leeds fan I’d see a drowning man, I think we all would, ‘scum’ or not

How very ***ist of you to presume all Leeds fans are men. Some could be women. If I saw a Leeds fan gagging for it, I wouldn't turn her down because she was scum either.

The current DYS players are not as "physical" as their predecessors, going right back to my earliest memories of them in the 60s (Hunter, Clarke, Bremner and the worst of them all, the not so gentlemanly "Gentleman" Johnny Giles. Move forward through the decades and their teams have always had that "nastiness" to them. Last season too.

This season in their deserved 1-4 win at Pride Park they were less dirty than any of their predecessors but still far from angels. Some labels just stick, others remain, even if it is to a lesser extent, deserved IMO.

I also have two very personal reasons (one early 70s, the other early 90s) for being anti them and those memories have not yet even started to fade..............

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The current DYS players are not as "physical" as their predecessors, going right back to my earliest
    memories of them in the 60s (Hunter, Clarke, Bremner and the worst of them all, the not so gentlemanly "Gentleman" Johnny Giles. Move forward through the decades and their teams have always had that "nastiness" to them. Last season too.

This season in their deserved 1-4 win at Pride Park they were less dirty than any of their predecessors but still far from angels. Some labels just stick, others remain, even if it is to a lesser extent, deserved IMO.

I also have two very personal reasons (one early 70s, the other early 90s) for being anti them and those memories have not yet even started to fade..............
    Anybody who has seen Beradi play Will know what you mean a complete dangerous head case 7 reds in 3 seasons What a nutter he is

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)