+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WBA v Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Oh yes, you're a genius in the mould of Trump.

And yes, I can confirm I am a big fan of Marcelo Bielsa.
    Sorry Rom don't mean to be rude but I can't stoop laughing at the thought of an old man walking through the streets of Bedok or Jurong in a Leeds United shirt Only thing that could be more ridiculous was if it was a Forest shirt😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Sorry Rom don't mean to be rude but I can't stoop laughing at the thought of an old man walking through the streets of Bedok or Jurong in a Leeds United shirt Only thing that could be more ridiculous was if it was a Forest shirt������
    Disagree Mista...... how about a Forest fan in a Leeds shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Disagree Mista...... how about a Forest fan in a Leeds shirt?
    MA I can't wait for his reply should be interesting

Then you won't like my Blacburn away either. I've worn well 30 different teams jerseys. I'm looking for a QPR one too. Always liked the Hoops on jerseys. Had a Celtic one once.
    It's a common sight for people all over the world to wear jerseys of different teams.
    I guess being a frog in a well you don't travel much. Bye now.

‘It’s a common sight for people all over the world to wear jerseys of different teams.’ Really? I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘It’s a common sight for people all over the world to wear jerseys of different teams.’ Really? I don’t think so.
    Thanks to me and my lad, I know of a couple of Ajax fans who also own and wear a Rams shirt at football training. My eldest, on his travels around Europe flying a Boeing 737, has recently had layovers in both Barcelona and Madrid. In both cities he did the stadium tour and bought Barca and Real shirts. Both with his name on the back and the number 31, the number he wore when he played baseball. The 2 shirts are intended to be worn on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at football training and not around town.

Rom is partially right in that people are buying other shirts (not me, I hasten to add) but not necessarily to "wear around town".

I agree with Mista, there is nothing more sad than an old man wearing replic shirts, especially if he has 20 years worth of beer-gut. Replica shirts are really there for children or for wearing at the match, not "wearing around town" making the wearer look something of a prat. if you really are a great fan of replica shirts Rom, would you wear a Chelsea shirt (for example) to a Forest match? that question assumes that Forest are not playing Chelsea at the time!

4 things I hate in life: tattoos, piercings, replica shirts and tracksuit bottoms all adorning overweight unfit blokes. Possibly even worse when sported by overweight women!

Suit yourself. And I don't have a beer gut, not yet anyway. My friend's dad turned 70 last year. He's self made and has enough to retire happily. So we were thinking what to get him. He got him an Italian jersey and me bought him a Juventus top. The old man was happy, he spent more than a decade working in Turin when younger.

If you think it's sad, I'm afraid it's not what your club thinks. Every club makes good money selling jerseys and merchandise to fans all over the world. If you can convince 1000 Indonesian men and boys to buy 1000 Derby tops and more, I'd reckon, Mel might even give you a season ticket for free. If a club were to accept your suggestion, even your own club, that such stuff are only for kids, they'd lose thousands maybe even millions in revenue.

It of course would seem strange in England to see fans wearing anything other than their own clubs stuff. But I think it's become too tribal. It's very normal to see people wearing loads of different jerseys in the streets of Singapore, Tokyo, Beijing, Jakarta, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.

We used to have kickabout in the last decade, some of my pals out here, since we couldn't agree which colours to wear, we ended up buying Barcelona's top as our kit. Of course our footy would have made a grown Barca fan cry. Nonetheless it was all for fun and love for football, which is what it should be anyway.

This last para is interesting. Im sure everyone here has "starred" or otherwise for a kickabout, pub or wok team in some sort of half organised competition. But I have never yet known any one of these teams to wear replica shirts but rather a blue and white strip or green and black etc. Maybe its a generation thing and in my playing days a red and white strip was 20% of the cost of a Liverpool replic kit? Who knows, but Ive never worn a replica kit, still less with my name on the back.

As you say, its lucky for the clubs that not everyone does what I do: or don't do :-)

I have a plethora of Derby and England shirts but haven't bought a new one for 4 or 5 years. Haven't liked them. I did take a shine to that light blue 3rd shirt a couple of years back but my size was sold out in no time.

When do I wear them? Match days in the main. Also wore them at training and when coaching. My one and only KNVB ref's shirt is yellow so, when one of the teams I happen to be reffing wears yellow, I wear either a Rams shirt or an England one. In cold weather I will also wear a DCFC or an England shirt under my refs shirt utilising layers to keep warm....... I don't see them as a fashion statement.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)