+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WBA v Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I agree with Mista, there is nothing more sad than an old man wearing replic shirts, especially if he has 20 years worth of beer-gut. Replica shirts are really there for children or for wearing at the match, not "wearing around town" making the wearer look something of a prat. if you really are a great fan of replica shirts Rom, would you wear a Chelsea shirt (for example) to a Forest match? that question assumes that Forest are not playing Chelsea at the time!

4 things I hate in life: tattoos, piercings, replica shirts and tracksuit bottoms all adorning overweight unfit blokes. Possibly even worse when sported by overweight women!
    Quite agree Geoff...anyone with a waist size of more than 34’’ - which happens to be mine - should think at least twice before buying a replica shirt. Nothing quite so absurd as an old overweight guy (or gal) squeezing themsełves into clothing designed for athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    This last para is interesting. Im sure everyone here has "starred" or otherwise for a kickabout, pub or wok team in some sort of half organised competition. But I have never yet known any one of these teams to wear replica shirts but rather a blue and white strip or green and black etc. Maybe its a generation thing and in my playing days a red and white strip was 20% of the cost of a Liverpool replic kit? Who knows, but Ive never worn a replica kit, still less with my name on the back.

As you say, its lucky for the clubs that not everyone does what I do: or don't do :-)
    That I also don't do, put names on jerseys whether mine or a player.
    Anyway this could a concept the rest of the world inherited from the US of A. They were the first ones I believe that started all these marketing of their baseball and basketball teams. Asian tv is very much influenced by the US. So when it became 'cool' for actors to wear baseball caps and jerseys I guess it caught on. But of course football or soccer as some here are wont to call it, is more popular and they instead wore footy jerseys, but the baseball cap is ubiquitous. Heck even I was wearing one for years.

Btw replicas now come in all shapes and sizes. The biggest clubs - Madrid, Barca and United even have ladies jerseys or replicas solely to be worn by them. I have this friend, the size of King Kong and he happily wears XXL United jerseys. Of course I did suggest to him to wear an inflatable ***** on his head, and everyone would still know he's a Man Utd fan and it's much cheaper.

Rom, DCFC also does ladies' models of the replica kit and training wear. Do the Huggers of Trees also do ladies wear?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Rom, DCFC also does ladies' models of the replica kit and training wear. Do the Huggers of Trees also do ladies wear?
    I believe they do now, caught a glimpse on the official site when buying my season's kit.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)