+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Haw Frank...

Haw Frank...

I'm going non league this Saturday as i've been roped into seeing the mighty Carlton Town in the FA Vase and thought that I would see who Wisbech had got and was surprised to see that they wasn't in it (on Saturday anyhow) why's that then?
    Are you going back down to see Utd now that they aren't bottom two anymore,they did very well against Lincoln tbf

Up The Town!

Wisbech got knocked out by Kidsgrove. I havent been back to watch United. I dont think ill be bothering in the cold months. I am falling out of love with football. Its the same thing over and over, we go up, we come down. You go up, you come down. Its like a hampster in a wheel.

Winning promotion from div 2 is no big deal, you cant disagree with that. It will be forgotten in two minutes, no one will care. Fans think other clubs care, and take notice, they dont. What if County won div 2. Big deal. YAWN.

What if Cambridge won the premiership?, bigger YAWN, or if England won the world cup?. I dont give a stuff. It means nothing, yet people live for it. Millionaires pump huge amounts of money into it.
    Its my age. Its the same thing over and over, and its not just football.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Its like a hampster in a wheel
    A what?

Thick cu­nt

It must be an age thing Frank because I know how you feel,there was a time when promotion and relegation was all that mattered but now I'm losing more and more interest as the years go by,I can count on one hand how many away games that I've been to this year and last Saturday I went to pay to see a non league game rather than watch Notts for free (season tkt) just because my mate wanted to go,I can't see me bothering going down on a Saturday by the time that I'm sixty in three years time,I've given it 40 years and we ain't gonna get into the Premier League in my lifetime,like you I just can't be bothered anymore,it's all about money and self promotion for players today,it's very rare that you get players coming through the ranks anymore to play for their local club,I'm not even sure if Notts even have a youth academy of I'm honest,do what you feel is best Frank,pick n choose what you want to see coz that's what I'm gonna do

Quote Originally Posted by kel_ View Post
    A what?

Thick cu­nt
    Tbf kel it's ridiculous trying to edit a post on footymad,I tried it again on EM and the bloody thing disappeared forcing me to write the whole thing out again

I have a mate whos a member of the Redditch branch of the Birmingham City supporters club. We recently went to Blues v Rotherham game. We got on the coach, and my mate was offered a ticket for the Spain England match. The Redditch branch is run by a retired couple who watch every Blues and England game, never miss, they are members of god knows what.

My mate went to the world cup, and goes to most England games, and gets really excited. The female of the retired couple who run the Redditch branch hasnt missed any Blues game for years. She even went to a friendly game in AUSTRIA.

This has got to be a disease. Who on earth would fly to an away friendly. The cost didnt matter, they are retired head teachers. Having said that, it costs a lot in time, money, and effort.

We went to the Blues game, and i had to stifle yawns. I would rather have been buying cheap tat in the Bull Ring, or sitting in a bulls ring. I went to the England Scotland world cup qualifier last year, and wished i hadnt. I could go to any England game, but cant be bothered, it doesnt excite me anymore.

I would get my dandruff up ten years ago, but not now. Watching United is better, but not much, not enough to go. I think i must be moving up in the spiritual leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Tbf kel it's ridiculous trying to edit a post on footymad,I tried it again on EM and the bloody thing disappeared forcing me to write the whole thing out again
    Nah. Past experience tells me he’s just being a thick cu­nt tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by kel_ View Post
    Nah. Past experience tells me he’s just being a thick cu*nt tbf.
    Excally. Editing is easy. getting rid of ads is easy. You must of fingers like sausages Chalky.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)