+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The organ grinders monkeys taxi driving hairdresser

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What i will say about the current chairman is this,there can be no doubt that he was the brain's behind the financial dealing's at Tannadice since 2011 when his mate ST appointed him director of DUFC.I think its unfair to call ST thick as mince but its a fact that he is not as bright as his banker mate Martin and most of the major decision's made behind the scenes that we are not supposed to be party to were made by Thompson but encouraged by his drinking partner.
    Supporters and posters thinking we are out of the woods because ST is away fail to grasp the bankers influence over him on our downward spiral,i have perhaps been unfair by tarnishing the whole BOD with the Thompson brush but there is no doubt in my mind that DUFC remain's in hand's just as dangerous today as it was in the ST era,mark my words.
    See the bit in bold G - I think you've mentioned that opinion before but is it based on gut feel or do you have any actual facts to back that opinion up?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    See the bit in bold G - I think you've mentioned that opinion before but is it based on gut feel or do you have any actual facts to back that opinion up?

Given that you like to give us FACTS are you going to back up your claims about MM with some?
    Time to put up or shut up mate

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

Given that you like to give us FACTS are you going to back up your claims about MM with some?
    Time to put up or shut up mate
    See post 39 in the other thread,time for me to shut up why?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    See post 39 in the other thread,time for me to shut up why?.
    You offer no facts, just a statement made at the time by ST. A statement on which it seems you are basing your hate of MM.
    As TTT already pointed out how do you personally know that any advice MM gave ST was heeded? You don't. So you're basing your hate on speculation. Time to put up with FACTS which you're so big with or shut up and get behind Martin and the club

Mike Martin is trying to punt the club.....he has acted as a buffer between ST and the new potential buyers. ST remaining would have completely destroyed the club as his relationship with the fans had become toxic. MM has stepped in to try and fix us up enough to get the club moved on. The only way we can achieve this is by ensuring that we are in the top league. So we have the choice of back the club or lose the club. We are at a crossroads right now, you may not like what's happening but it's the only option we have at the moment. On the playing front, MM has done his bit....now we have to do our part. Most of the fans have taken the leap , if others don't want to, then that's their prerogative...but they should step to the side and stop us trying to take the club forward again. We can only pish with the boaby we've got! We are showing signs of recovery and the positive vibe at the club just now is so fragile that we need a sympathetic support to get behind the team. Please put your concerns to the side for the moment and if they are still there at the end of the season, then please air them! I genuinely get the feeling that some fans want us to fail so they can say, I told you so! The only thing we can all agree on is that we need to get promoted....MM wants it, the players want it and the fans want it.......let's focus on our common goal! Now is the time for a united front. This in house fighting has done nothing but harm the club and the only thing that will help that heal is results and promotion. Be concerned, dislike the owner, but let's not hijack our promotion bid!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Mike Martin is trying to punt the club.....he has acted as a buffer between ST and the new potential buyers. ST remaining would have completely destroyed the club as his relationship with the fans had become toxic. MM has stepped in to try and fix us up enough to get the club moved on. The only way we can achieve this is by ensuring that we are in the top league. So we have the choice of back the club or lose the club. We are at a crossroads right now, you may not like what's happening but it's the only option we have at the moment. On the playing front, MM has done his bit....now we have to do our part. Most of the fans have taken the leap , if others don't want to, then that's their prerogative...but they should step to the side and stop us trying to take the club forward again. We can only pish with the boaby we've got! We are showing signs of recovery and the positive vibe at the club just now is so fragile that we need a sympathetic support to get behind the team. Please put your concerns to the side for the moment and if they are still there at the end of the season, then please air them! I genuinely get the feeling that some fans want us to fail so they can say, I told you so! The only thing we can all agree on is that we need to get promoted....MM wants it, the players want it and the fans want it.......let's focus on our common goal! Now is the time for a united front. This in house fighting has done nothing but harm the club and the only thing that will help that heal is results and promotion. Be concerned, dislike the owner, but let's not hijack our promotion bid!
    Great post sir

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Very good post however although i do not mind posters coming on the board pyshed in the wee sma hours and blatantly lying about my posts i do have an issue with posters suggesting i maybe part of a group wanting Dundee United to fail.Can i ask any poster who think's along these lines to go back to EVERY thread that appeared the night we beat Ross County in Dingwall,you will see what my team means to me,FACT.

GB, everyone here know how you feel about United. I feel exactly the same. They’ve been one of the most important parts of my life for the past 60 years and that’ll never change for as long as I live.
    Who knows what the future holds, but we’ve had a ****ing amazing ride so far.
    Was at the Whitehall on Saturday courtesy of my wee boy (27😀, and thanks for the Fettercairn!) and the memories were outstanding!
    I’m going to make a prediction that we win the Scottish cup for a third time within the next threee years, and I’m going to witness my team win their 6th major honour. Any Dees want to compete.? 😂
    GB, never met you, but bookmark this and I’ll share a bottle of Champagne with you in the Snug after the game. Last time I did that was with my Dad after the League win in ‘83 ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Welsh_is_magic View Post
    GB, everyone here know how you feel about United. I feel exactly the same. They’ve been one of the most important parts of my life for the past 60 years and that’ll never change for as long as I live.
    Who knows what the future holds, but we’ve had a ****ing amazing ride so far.
    Was at the Whitehall on Saturday courtesy of my wee boy (27��, and thanks for the Fettercairn!) and the memories were outstanding!
    I’m going to make a prediction that we win the Scottish cup for a third time within the next threee years, and I’m going to witness my team win their 6th major honour. Any Dees want to compete.? ��
    GB, never met you, but bookmark this and I’ll share a bottle of Champagne with you in the Snug after the game. Last time I did that was with my Dad after the League win in ‘83 ❤️
    Thanks for that mate i would never want my team to fail and will happily share that bottle with you if you are paying. .There are some posters with short memories,i attended almost every game home and away during our 1st season in the Championship including that competition which is listed by the FUN as their last major honour.Its only this year that i have not renewed my season ticket.
    I once spent more money on the trip to Moscow to see United get hammered 5-0 than some families pay for a two week vacation in Florida,FACT.Posters should never accuse me of wanting Dundee United to fail.

Champagne is on me GB 🥂

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)