+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The organ grinders monkeys taxi driving hairdresser

The organ grinders monkeys taxi driving hairdresser

GB, I have the utmost respect for you but I want to ask you a question.

You were rightly critical of ST and the direction we were headed in, all credit to you.

When ST left and his shares were transferred - you never posted on any of the celebration threads and I wondered why that was.

When you did come back on you said the monkey is now in control but the organ grinder is pulling the strings. To me that came across as sour grapes unless you knew something that we didn't.

I might be wrong but when Csaba was binned you never commented. Correct me?

When Robbie Neilson was appointed by Mike Martin again you never commented.

Some might say this is keeping your powder dry, keeping your options open to jump on the side of the fence that suits.

So my question is this. Are you prepared to accept that Mike Martin is his own man?
    And do you think that in Robbie we have the right man?
    Last edited by stokearab; 24-10-2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: GB Barca legend

Sorry mate but when Thompson stood down as chairman he was still the majority shareholder hence the Organ Grinder and his monkey.When Shabba was binned and Robbie appointed i was abroad and in no position and had no desire to post on here.
    I think the current BOD are all tarnished with the Thompson era and are just as culpable as him for where DUFC are today,the major decision they had to make post ST was to remove the manager last season and not back him when he was clearly failing in his duties.
    Martin is his own man but in my opinion not the right man for our club.
    The managerial appointment is a good one but had it been made last April Neilson with his own squad would more than likely got us up but that remains in the balance due to the chairman's incompetence.I do still read this board but my reason for not posting much is simple,i refuse to back the current BOD so it does not seem right to me that i should be passing judgement on anything relating to the club at this time.

If rumours are to be listened to, im not so sure the BOD under ST had much say in the day to day running of the club. I also dont know how much they can be tarnished with the same brush as im not sure how long each member has been in place. The 2 quiet ones i know have only been in place since ST departed, but in not so sure the others, Dorward(?) and Fyfe especially, have been in place that long.

I think MM knows he made a mistake in April/May, and even letting things go so long into the season, but he has acted, although im sure he noticed the dwindling gate receipts and move to protect his own investments.

Dont see why you cant comment on the team you support though?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    ...I do still read this board but my reason for not posting much is simple,i refuse to back the current BOD so it does not seem right to me that i should be passing judgement on anything relating to the club at this time.
    Obviously it's up to you GB but I think you should still post. Just because you don't agree with the current BOD doesn't mean you won't have a right to give an opinion of the myriad of other things at the club each week. You know I don't agree with everything you say but I respect your opinions and, for the most part, like reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If rumours are to be listened to, im not so sure the BOD under ST had much say in the day to day running of the club. I also dont know how much they can be tarnished with the same brush as im not sure how long each member has been in place. The 2 quiet ones i know have only been in place since ST departed, but in not so sure the others, Dorward(?) and Fyfe especially, have been in place that long.

I think MM knows he made a mistake in April/May, and even letting things go so long into the season, but he has acted, although im sure he noticed the dwindling gate receipts and move to protect his own investments.

Dont see why you cant comment on the team you support though?
    The two ‘quiet ones’ do not sit on the board, they are investors

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Sorry mate but when Thompson stood down as chairman he was still the majority shareholder hence the Organ Grinder and his monkey.When Shabba was binned and Robbie appointed i was abroad and in no position and had no desire to post on here.
    I think the current BOD are all tarnished with the Thompson era and are just as culpable as him for where DUFC are today,the major decision they had to make post ST was to remove the manager last season and not back him when he was clearly failing in his duties.
    Martin is his own man but in my opinion not the right man for our club.
    The managerial appointment is a good one but had it been made last April Neilson with his own squad would more than likely got us up but that remains in the balance due to the chairman's incompetence.I do still read this board but my reason for not posting much is simple,i refuse to back the current BOD so it does not seem right to me that i should be passing judgement on anything relating to the club at this time.
    Can we not tempt you to fall in love with the club again GB?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Can we not tempt you to fall in love with the club again GB?
    TBF to the Boat, he's never fallen out with the Club Dundee United FC, but more the company Dunded United FC Ltd.

I am always pleased to see GB posting. Happy for him to take time though to come round to loving the club again - and hopefully he’ll be posting his transition to approval for the BOD.

My own view is that with ST and csaba gone I do feel we have got our club back.

Martin made a mistake in persisting with csaba. That was a big mistake but other than that he seems to have been positive. Not sure what the situation is/ was with alleged US investments etc but that is another story.

Happy to give Martin more time and in backing a good manager like RN hopefully he will bring some sustained success

ST was not just pulling strings he was embarrassing the club, I give 1 example - before Czsambles, Tommy Wright was interviewed during which he witnessed a full blown argument between ST and his sister.
    Eddie would be turning in his grave if he knew half of what goes on

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    ST was not just pulling strings he was embarrassing the club, I give 1 example - before Czsambles, Tommy Wright was interviewed during which he witnessed a full blown argument between ST and his sister.
    Eddie would be turning in his grave if he knew half of what goes on
    Would love to know why Sackie departed with a non disclosure agreement in his hipper! There were quite a number of very juicy rumours around the time, and its hardly beyond the realms of possibility that some are true.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)