+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If not Darren Moore then who?

If not Darren Moore then who?

I reckon Lai will keep him.......nobody will come for the same salary.

"Potato Head" seems the only vaguely competent manager out there at present.

Scary eh?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I reckon Lai will keep him.......nobody will come for the same salary.

"Potato Head" seems the only vaguely competent manager out there at present.

Scary eh?
    Very scary, I can’t even make myself read the report on the game at the mo. What haven we done to deserve this? We go from not being able to score and being solid at the back to scoring more than we let in at the back to not being able to score and letting in shed loads.

Cant believe anyone is even thinking of getting rid of moore? Every team has a bad spell in this league, there will be ups and downs, last night being a big down. I like the set up but the defence has to be sorted. Preparing for the Prem again it makes no sense to ignore it. There are quite a few clubs in with a shout in this league and we played one of them last night. Incidentally we got promoted one year after being hammered by Walsall 4-1 the same season.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Cant believe anyone is even thinking of getting rid of moore? Every team has a bad spell in this league, there will be ups and downs, last night being a big down. I like the set up but the defence has to be sorted. Preparing for the Prem again it makes no sense to ignore it. There are quite a few clubs in with a shout in this league and we played one of them last night. Incidentally we got promoted one year after being hammered by Walsall 4-1 the same season.
    But we weren't playing kamakazi football like we are doing now, and we didn't have a coach who comes over as thick as pig ****

I pointed out at the time of his appointment that it was a ridiculous appointment both by the club and him for accepting it. It was/is only going to end one way. Basically if he'd stayed in his current roll at the time he would have more job security.
    I was also concerned at the time of appointment with the style of football he was playing That has changed this season which surprised me.
    Darren Moore loves this club make no bones about it. I have seen first hand countless times how he put his body on the line for us.
    You don't have to be clever to manage/coach a football team. To articulate your views to the press maybe?
    This is now a major test for him and I truly hope he proves people wrong.
    One thing, whether he succeeds or fails he deserves respect. He has the club at heart and I am sure he is hurting just like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I pointed out at the time of his appointment that it was a ridiculous appointment both by the club and him for accepting it. It was/is only going to end one way. Basically if he'd stayed in his current roll at the time he would have more job security.
    I was also concerned at the time of appointment with the style of football he was playing That has changed this season which surprised me.
    Darren Moore loves this club make no bones about it. I have seen first hand countless times how he put his body on the line for us.
    You don't have to be clever to manage/coach a football team. To articulate your views to the press maybe?
    One thing, whether he succeeds or fails he deserves respect. He has the club at heart and I am sure he is hurting just like us.

Kinell Whicka!

Who wrote that, your missis!?
    That’s the nicest post post you’ve ever written you old softy!

Come ere’ and giz a cuddle😘

(😄I’m pulling your p1-5ser)

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post

If he was hurting, then he would listen to the majority of the supporters - Chris Brunt is never a CM in a million years, the defense is a complete and utter shambles and Mears + Robson Kanu are utter ****e! But he's not listening, and coming out with utter bollox - "we battled at Wigan" Don't insult me Darren with this statement as I spent £100 to watch complete dross and we were outplayed! The match last night - " they scored the goals and we didn't". Again Darren, do you think we are all thick? We were a complete shambles last night and were out played in every part of the pitch - by younger and more talented players! Another £100 wasted.

These last two matches - I can't remember two worse shambolic games for a long time. The football under Pulis was ****e but at least we were not all over the place!!

Dawson and Jay Rod need to wake up as they are dreaming about Premier football no doubt - the harsh reality is they are not good enough and we should have cashed in!

Should Moore stay or should he go? If we don't get a result against Blackburn personally, I would get rid as emotion and past service should not come into it. Lai/Jenkins though won't want to sack him as he's on peanuts and we are West Brom!

Very pissed off at the moment and would question whether Moore has the tactically or strategic nous to improve things and my heart says - he does not so get rid before it's too late!

Management is about understanding your players abilities.

Moore watched England in the World Cup and got fixated on 3-4-3 and regardless of not having thee centre halves comfortable enough on the ball to play that system he continues with it.

It’s frustrating that such inept people get given such important jobs based on sentiment.

A good bib and bottle carrier and being a “nice bloke” doesn’t do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Management is about understanding your players abilities.

Moore watched England in the World Cup and got fixated on 3-4-3 and regardless of not having thee centre halves comfortable enough on the ball to play that system he continues with it.

It’s frustrating that such inept people get given such important jobs based on sentiment.

A good bib and bottle carrier and being a “nice bloke” doesn’t do it for me.

Would you employ an inept and clueless person if they were the nicest guy in Stourbridge with lovely kids? I think not, as there's no room for sentiment in business!

Wigan/Last Night - I have wasted £200 quid - tickets/petrol/drinks to watch absolute bollox - shambolic embarrassment only to be told by Moore - " we battled and Derby scored and we didn't".

Mears - not good enough for Stourbridge
    Robson Kanu - perhaps League 2
    Brunt - if he's a CM player, then I should play for Man Utd
    Bartley - might be better in a pub side
    Dawson - dreaming of Premier football but on recent displays questionable for this league
    Jay Rod - needs to wake up
    Johnstone - average but not a patch on Foster
    Barry - better than Brunt but past it!

Such a shame G Mac/Yacob left as certainly better than what we have!

We seem to be going backwards! I am sure Derby won't hammer Boro in their next match!! You can accuse Pulis of many things ( boring football, no entertainment ) but you certainly could not accuse him of organizing a solid defense!

Pissed off big time and shopping with the Mrs at Asda on Saturday may be an option!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Would you employ an inept and clueless person if they were the nicest guy in Stourbridge with lovely kids? I think not, as there's no room for sentiment in business!

Wigan/Last Night - I have wasted £200 quid - tickets/petrol/drinks to watch absolute bollox - shambolic embarrassment only to be told by Moore - " we battled and Derby scored and we didn't".

Mears - not good enough for Stourbridge
    Robson Kanu - perhaps League 2
    Brunt - if he's a CM player, then I should play for Man Utd
    Bartley - might be better in a pub side
    Dawson - dreaming of Premier football but on recent displays questionable for this league
    Jay Rod - needs to wake up
    Johnstone - average but not a patch on Foster
    Barry - better than Brunt but past it!

Such a shame G Mac/Yacob left as certainly better than what we have!

We seem to be going backwards! I am sure Derby won't hammer Boro in their next match!! You can accuse Pulis of many things ( boring football, no entertainment ) but you certainly could not accuse him of organizing a solid defense!

Pissed off big time and shopping with the Mrs at Asda on Saturday may be an option!
    Granted, I've not been to the last two games, so you've got every right to vent. Last night was painful - and I was only watching it on the sofa.

Let me flip it around though and give you reasons to be positive.

- We have a young manager who is making mistakes. What is important is that he learns from them.
    - His managerial record isn't bad either. Played 22, W 12, D 5, L 5. Average points per game is 1.86
    - We're 2 points off top of the league despite recent results
    - We're still the top scorers in the country
    - We're going through a period of transition, there will be hard days

Agree with the points you make about the players. But I don't want Pulis or Bruce anywhere near this club.

The philosophy and approach is the right one, the personnel aren't.

We're still capable of scoring goals and winning games, so we still have every chance in this division. And even though we fully deserved to lose last night, we still could have scored a couple more than what we did. Perhaps we missed Hegazi and Livermore more than we thought we would.

Mistakes are being made in key areas and as another poster alluded to, the front 3 need to work harder. Its easy to berate the midfield and defence but they have been outnumbered a lot of the time this season because of the way we play. The defence and midfield need to be much better in possession though. The way we are playing means our defence and holding players are always going to be under pressure.

Talks of Moore going are massively premature in my opinion. He does need to learn from his mistakes though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)