+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we stick to football matters only..?

Should we stick to football matters only..?

TEC has crawled from under his stone and thinks we should only post and discuss threads that are football related.

The old codger also thinks it should have a bias of 90% relating to matters about Burnley Football Club.

For example, I like Alto's "Stuff for the day" but OC didn't etc. etc. Alf doesn't like political threads etc, etc.

Let me know what you think? It's your forum!

It would be very restrictive if it was only football related.I think it could also be very repetitive if it was to be 90% Burnley related.However,some of the political threads do,on occasions,become quite unpleasant.Other than that we do have some intelligent people who post on this site and some of the discussions on world events are quite illuminating,a number live abroad and can bring in a wider perspective and I would not like that to disappear.

Thanks for the heads up Barrie, I'll ask sinkov and Supersub6 to tone it down then!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Barrie, I'll ask sinkov and Supersub6 to tone it down then!
    You can ask!! lol
    I enjoy the political posts because I have no loyalty to any party, politician or belief in anything relating to politics, particularly in the UK, therefore, I enjoy asking relevant questions and reading the amazing answers which are given, However, most of all, I just enjoy the fact that, in spite of all the pontification, nothing ever changes and governments bumble along from crisis to crisis whilst those in opposition pick fault with everything until they get the opportunity to change things ----then don't! It really is a wonderful world.

Keep the politics coming ---I enjoy a good laugh and it's better than reading all the football doom and gloom relating to Burnley FC.

I think it's okay as it is,I don't mind the political threads ,but leave it to the experts to discuss..I suppose it's a bit unfair though as my buddy Sinky can tie the lot of you in political knots.. Especially BT..lol..

Alf thinks it's fine as it is, and as Alf is clearly a good judge, a top poster, and with more common sense than the rest of us put together, I go along with him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Alf thinks it's fine as it is, and as Alf is clearly a good judge, a top poster, and with more common sense than the rest of us put together, I go along with him.
    Exactamente Sinky.People can have all the brains in the world ,but if you haven't any common sense youre phooked ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Exactamente Sinky.People can have all the brains in the world ,but if you haven't any common sense youre phooked ..
    It's OK for you alf ---you haven't been asked to tone it down!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It's OK for you alf ---you haven't been asked to tone it down!
    No,I'm not in the "Clique" Ashy...

Come on alf ---this is me--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)