+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drinking in the stands? yes or no

Drinking in the stands? yes or no

The EFL are trying to get the 1985 ban on drinking in the stands, removed....mmmm.....I'm not sure I'm in agreement.
    I know I'm a "responsible adult", but I'm worried about all the other toerags kicking off!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45980807

No

Only way it will work is if lifetime bans are attached to anyone acting like a complete f u cktard.

Bit of a daft law as it stands. Anyone who likes getting drunk at a football match will have had hours to do so before the match, isn't going to make much difference if you can drink in your seat. Can't imagine someone turning up sober and then going up and down the stands every 5 minutes to chuck 10 pints down their neck (which you can still actually do if you're that bothered, just not watching the game). If you want to get p***ed, you're gonna get p***ed, whether you do it at your seat or not.

A big NO from me. Some football fans can't handle their drink, so to encourage it in the stands seems a bit daft. The English simply aren't good at drinking sensibly.

Definitely not, given the number of clowns who seem to think it's obligatory to throw their beer as high in the air as possible when their team scores. (Remembering the world cup big screen parks this summer.) Of course, at least we would have the satisfaction of coming out drier than our opposing fans...

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Of course, at least we would have the satisfaction of coming out drier than our opposing fans...

Big NO from me too, I would have personally thought they should get behind the League One & Two Clubs and try and sort out with the F.A. & the F.L. the situation regarding the poor standard of match officials who continually get decisions wrong. Ultimately costing Clubs points, Red & Yellow Cards, penalties wrongly awarded, goals disallowed, decisions that most in the Stands can see are incorrect, but the little poser with the Whistle does not have a clue.

EFL wake up and do something to improve the game for once.

Would rather them look into Safe standing areas

Happy the way it is now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast