+ Visit Swansea City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swans v Reading

Swans v Reading

After such a good win against tough Blackburn opposition there are high expectations from the fans for this match.
    Potter will again probably juggle the team around with three games in seven days.
    Our ex-manager Paul Clement will want to win this one so we have to be wary, especially after they narrowly lost 1-2 at in form Birmingham on Tuesday night. Brum are 10 matches undefeated so Reading will be no pushovers.
    There’s good news about Montero and Bony, who are making good progress and will be available for selection soon.

Another good home win with Dan James outstanding on the wing and involved in both goals.
    First he was brought down in the box in the 38th minute, cutting in from the wing and drawing the foul from Yiadom. McBurnie calmly hit the spot kick straight down the middle with the goalkeeper diving left, 1-0.
    Second half James beat his marker again in the 84th minute crossing for McBurnie to tap home, 2-0 and 3 points.
    So from 17th in the table after the Villa loss, we now move up to 8th after two home wins this week.
    Last edited by jackaway; 27-10-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Graham Potter -
    “I'm delighted for the players, they put such a lot into the game. It's not easy, the third game in a week, but we had good control first half, attacked well and it's not so easy to do against a defensively organised team like Reading. It's back to back wins for us I think for the first time this season and so it's another tick in the box."
    Not quite the first time Graham. We recorded back to back wins at the start of the season, Sheffield Utd and Preston.
    In the first half we played poorly, we struggled to pin them down and something had to change, but we did have a disallowed goal that should have stood.
    Paul Clement -
    "We got back into in the second half and had 14 shots away from home, so I was pleased with the spirit and performance in the second half. It's been a really disappointing season so far. I understand that with each defeat, the pressure grows, but I said to the players that while I feel you are with me, I will continue to fight.
    This league is a marathon, and you've got to slog, grind, and show resilience. I haven't worked for 20 years to get a fantastic job like this to give up and walk away when it gets tough."
    Last edited by jackaway; 28-10-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Possession - Swans 64% Reading 36%
    Shots Swans - 25 Reading 14
    Shots on target - Swans 9 Reading 4
    Tom Carroll was missing off the team sheet, not even sub, no word on whether he was injured or not.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)