+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Get your boots on John

Get your boots on John

We need him ASAP. Also Bruce played Hutton on the left because hes better than on the right. Elmo is a better option at right back. Elmo linking up with Bolasie down the right would be far more effective going forward than Hutton and Elmo. That's the problem with new managers they experiment on things we already knew didn't work.

What has happened to Chester, our main man last season?

Watched the whole thing (from my arm chair baggieelele as I'm sure you're lurking). There's no bite. They're all premier league player wannabes. No bite, no nastiness. We outplayed QPR all over the pitch (except the final ball) they fouled us, they were aggressive. Jack Grealish spent half his time in the deck and the other half going down from a challenge. Not a pathetic performance but absolutely no balls. Not even 1 of a pair.

Chester has become dodgy - last game he was out of puff - this game he switched off likeyour son when i ask him to do something.

Bongo is right about Hutton and elmo. Play them on either side in some formation because they get under each others feet.

Tammy was good but not clinical, McGinn was wayward for the first time in his villa career. Bollasie is on 70k a week apparently - **** me, no wonder everton loaned him out.

Axel looks good but was let down byour his partner. Come on JT we need you

Quote Originally Posted by birminghamborn View Post
    What has happened to Chester, our main man last season?
    With limited knowledge in the subject I would think not having Terry next to him and a sub standard keeper behind him isn't helping. Not having elmo and Hutton in the correct positions. Last season our defence was half decent and Terry was part of it. Surely he can see the issue. We need him on the pitch not standing there on the touch line.

Last season

Johnstone
    Elmo Chester Terry Hutton

Now

crap keeper
    Hutton Chester Tunz Taylor

Can't compare the two and that's the key problem.
    Maybe we have got a squad of pre madonnas I don't know that doesn't help.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)