+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best football boots you had?

Best football boots you had?

Ok, I’m probably showing my age but in my youth you knew you had made the big time when you could afford to by what was thought of as a decent pair of boots.

My first pair of real boots were Adidas Santiago with screw in studs and the long tongue, you swapped out the nylon studs for the aluminum ones for good effect, often using the longer heal studs at the front too.

I had mates who had the famous Puma Pele Rio with the yellow stripe.

The best pair I had were the Adidas Penarol. Sadly my budget never stretched to the World Cup boots.

What did you have?

I also had several pairs of adidas santiago boots, they were my absolute favourites. polish and dubbin. Really strange you posted this thread I was thinking about the same thing yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    I also had several pairs of adidas santiago boots, they were my absolute favourites. polish and dubbin. Really strange you posted this thread I was thinking about the same thing yesterday.
    Canna mind my favourite screw ins but i had a pair of Adidas Copa Mondials that I wore into the ground.
    I mind getting a pair of Kelme moulders on holiday mid-90s...loved them but dont think they ever sold them here!

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post

Spooky! 👻👻👻

As a defender I loved a pair of Patrick's.

Cheap and hard

I had loads throughout the years but the standouts were a pair of Puma Dalglish's and a pair of Nikes I got from a mate which were made of kangaroo leather with gold swooshes..

best pair were Adidas moulded sole, until I lent them to a mate who thought it would be a good idea to dry them out in the oven before handing them back. Puma Kings were decent as they were free.

I had a pair of Tom Finney boots , studs nailed in , after a while the nails would start to push through sore as FzzK

Patrick 'Kevin Keegan', quality. Came with metal studs, centre-half job done.

AS I am a bit older than most of you let me tell you about the boots I wore when I played junior football in the late 1950s
    The boots were leather as were the soles.
    The studs were layers of leather held together with 3 short nails which you used to hammer the studs into the sole of the boot
    That was all fine until the very dry grounds at the end of the season when the nails could come through the sole and dig into the sole of your foot.
    The boots also came up to protect your ankles.
    Them were the days alright.
    Guaranteed to be crippled by the end of the season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)