+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bartley

He also had an argument with Gibbs in the 1st half on Wednesday he clearly won’t take the blame for anything and was at fault for today’s goal giving the ball away, but Moore must take some of the blame for continually playing him out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    He also had an argument with Gibbs in the 1st half on Wednesday he clearly won’t take the blame for anything and was at fault for today’s goal giving the ball away, but Moore must take some of the blame for continually playing him out of position.
    when i was a work,the old saying was ,a poor tradesman always blames is tools.so very true.

I was talking to one of my neighbours this morning who is a Leeds season ticket holder and he said Bartley was brilliant for them and the fans were disappointed not to have signed him. He's obviously better in a back four than a three.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    I was talking to one of my neighbours this morning who is a Leeds season ticket holder and he said Bartley was brilliant for them and the fans were disappointed not to have signed him. He's obviously better in a back four than a three.
    Did your season ticket holding neighbour also tell you Bartley was expected to draw the opposition onto him before playing it into the feet of a largely static, one paced two man midfield while at Leeds? Thought not, because he wasn't. They may have been disappointed not to have signed him back in the summer. But judging from comments I've read online from Leeds supporters since he's been at Albion I can assure you many are delighted they 'missed out' on his services.

Now to dispel a growing urban myth re Kyle in a back two or three. Bartley was largely cr@p while playing as part of a back four during pre season and for the first few competitive games. I'd hoped he'd have settled down by now but he hasn't and looks at least as cr@p as part of a back three. Why? Because he lacks the basic technique and decision making qualities to control and distribute the ball effectively from the back when under pressure. And ultimately if you're lacking in those basic skills as a professional footballer, you're going to look largely cr@p regardless of who's around you.

Further to this if you're constantly out of position (which he has been in whichever format and wherever played) you're going to look cr@p. If you can't communicate effectively with your team mates you're going to look cr@p. And if as a centre half you find yourself marking space rather than your man, get caught flat footed and out jumped you're going to look cr@p.

But perhaps most importantly of all you're going to look even cr@pper still (and he currently does) if you're asked to perform tasks beyond your 'skills' matrix. Bartley is a decent stopper who's early career was blighted by injury and consequent inconsistency. He's being asked to develop his game in a system which he is ill suited to, to his credit I'm told he regularly stays behind for extra training to aid this. However we can all see he is struggling to adapt in terms of technique, communication and physical/mental application.

I'm of the opinion he should never have been recruited to perform tasks he is largely unsuited to. However he's an Albion player now, and while I reserve the right to critique/assassinate his 'game' online I won't get on his back during games. But to my mind he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a while to further develop his game, rebuild his confidence and the confidence in him of his team mates. That or we should accommodate Kyle by abandoning playing it out from the back and concentrate on what he can do; although for the mo' I'd suggest the jury's still out as to what that actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Did your season ticket holding neighbour also tell you Bartley was expected to draw the opposition onto him before playing it into the feet of a largely static, one paced two man midfield while at Leeds? Thought not, because he wasn't. They may have been disappointed not to have signed him back in the summer. But judging from comments I've read online from Leeds supporters since he's been at Albion I can assure you many are delighted they 'missed out' on his services.

Now to dispel a growing urban myth re Kyle in a back two or three. Bartley was largely cr@p while playing as part of a back four during pre season and for the first few competitive games. I'd hoped he'd have settled down by now but he hasn't and looks at least as cr@p as part of a back three. Why? Because he lacks the basic technique and decision making qualities to control and distribute the ball effectively from the back when under pressure. And ultimately if you're lacking in those basic skills as a professional footballer, you're going to look largely cr@p regardless of who's around you.

Further to this if you're constantly out of position (which he has been in whichever format and wherever played) you're going to look cr@p. If you can't communicate effectively with your team mates you're going to look cr@p. And if as a centre half you find yourself marking space rather than your man, get caught flat footed and out jumped you're going to look cr@p.

But perhaps most importantly of all you're going to look even cr@pper still (and he currently does) if you're asked to perform tasks beyond your 'skills' matrix. Bartley is a decent stopper who's early career was blighted by injury and consequent inconsistency. He's being asked to develop his game in a system which he is ill suited to, to his credit I'm told he regularly stays behind for extra training to aid this. However we can all see he is struggling to adapt in terms of technique, communication and physical/mental application.

I'm of the opinion he should never have been recruited to perform tasks he is largely unsuited to. However he's an Albion player now, and while I reserve the right to critique/assassinate his 'game' online I won't get on his back during games. But to my mind he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a while to further develop his game, rebuild his confidence and the confidence in him of his team mates. That or we should accommodate Kyle by abandoning playing it out from the back and concentrate on what he can do; although for the mo' I'd suggest the jury's still out as to what that actually is.
    Top post Albionic, very erudite, not my favourite player but only time will tell if he's accepted at this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

Good post but, perhaps I am more harsher with my words in that - how many games does this useless lump need to win anyone over. I even think Johnstone looks nervous because of him or perhaps worried he might get a mouthful! Then again - it's never our Kyle's fault but every other feckers!

One of the reasons I am going to Hull is because he's not playing. Lets hope Mears and Brunt ( in CM role ) are not in the starting line up as well! Put Barry in the back three and give Hoolahan a chance too along with Burke!

My patience after six pints pre match - a ****e line up - another crap performance ( like Wigan/Derby ) may snap towards Darren Moore! The best thing Moore can do is to shut the feck up after a game unless he can say something sensible unlike:
    " We battled against Wigan" - No Darren we did not battle as we were absolute ****e with the wrong line up!
    " Derby Scored we didn't" - No Darren they pissed all over us with young pacy players who had a game plan!
    " Rovers point something to work on" - Well if that's your positive about two points lost against almighty Blackburn then God help us!

As for Robson-Kanu - can he not just put out the cones for the kick about if he's got the energy!

This is the worst West Brom team/formation that I can remember for years! Why the hell did we let GMac and Yacob go!! Beggars belief...............

PS - it was a close call on deciding to go to Hull than go shopping with the Mrs this weekend - that's for sure Surely, Hull can't beat us can they? Then again, if we lose - I am sure " we would have battled". If we draw - "it will be something further to work with"

Meanwhile, the little chap in China, is contemplating on coming over for the odd game in 2019 whilst Jenkins takes three round trips to discuss potential January signings - but hey - after all the talk of Dack, and any other decent player - there will be another lump heading to the Hawthorns looking for his last pay cheque! Hello MLS or Barnet..............
    Last edited by baggieal; 31-10-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    "......My patience after six pints pre match" -
    Are you East Stand Row FF, Al?
    We took the p*ss out of him (literally) because he'd trundle past us 3 or 4 times a game to have a slash, and I wondered why he bothered coming to the games.
    We had to tell him which way we were kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    We took the p*ss out of him (literally) because he'd trundle past us 3 or 4 times a game to have a slash, and I wondered why he bothered coming to the games.

Avoid the East Stand!! Perhaps Mears, Brunt or Bartley need to have a slash during the match as they won't be missed! We have been pissed on numerous times in the last few games!

Joking aside - if you did not laugh you would cry! Many at Wigan thought it was garbage and were blaming Moore so should people not have opinions when spending good money! Whilst football is all about opinions 20,000 plus can see Brunt is no CM player - Mears/Robson Kanu are not good enough and Barley has been poor! Why can't Big Dave which is worrying? Even more worrying is for him to come out with garbage after Wigan/Derby which annoys fans even more! Whilst the football under Pulis was dire - can't think of much that was worse than Wigan/Derby and not as if both teams are world beaters!

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    6 pints and he then drives home??? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    6 pints and he then drives home??? I hope not.

Train actually! Talking of trains there a big fecker that stops outside of the Hawthorns if you ever care to visit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)