+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preston North End Post Match Thoughts

Preston North End Post Match Thoughts

For a while it looked like it might be a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' following Tuesday's cracking result but like me are you starting to think that this Millers team are made of sterner stuff? Smith finally manages to find the space between 'the frame' as they call it in the US and we come away with a battling draw against a team that are on a bit of a run and scoring goals for run at Deepdale. Two tough away games this week and we are still outside the bottom three.

Thoughts on today?

Smith probably had one of his toughest days today. I don't remember him getting too much out of the CH but then they gave him a goal so it kinda makes up for it. He still put a shift in though.
    Williams needs to be running with the ball and not off Smith. Vassell had another combatitive game and was unluck not to score.

One thing pleases me more than anything though and that is the partnership between Ajayi and whoever plays at the side of him this season. Tis week Robertson has played well and been as cool as anything under pressure.

Happy as you can be with a well deserved 1-1 draw away at Preston.

Good result but we need to start winning again at home as we've actually dropped a place.

And Richie Smallwood played in goal for Blackburn today!

A point away has got to be good, with 12 shots , 5 on target. Good to see Smith getting on the scoresheet after hitting the woodwork yet again. Let's hope that his luck has changed. Frustarating that we've not managed a win, for a while, but at least we are picking up points

I didn't fancy us today - even less when we went behind but great credit to Warney and the lads for battling back.
    Another excellent away point and brilliant that Smith scored - well deserved.
    3 out of the next 4 games at home now, although all 4 games are against teams in the top half.
    Morale must be fantastic. Let's build on these two great results.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Good result but we need to start winning again at home as we've actually dropped a place.

And Richie Smallwood played in goal for Blackburn today!
    Yes, it's easy to forget that we've gone 8 games without a win when we have lost only 1 in the last 6. The odd win here and there would be nice on the quest for 46-50pts.

Really pleased for Smudge he’s class and deserves a goal

Another solid performance.
    Those saying we would get a drubbing underestimates the team spirit and work rate of this squad of players.
    Good goal from Smith well deserved.
    I said before the Middlesbrough game we would go unbeaten till end of November and I think we will.
    Every game we’re competing.
    What Warne is doing with limited resources is first class.
    Utm.

On the face of it another very good point from a must-not-lose match. We're showing some grit these days and aren't wilting when we go behind like we did in the past.
    Yes it's another game without a win but there's so much positivity around the team and the way we're playing that it doesn't feel like a winless run. All we asked was for the team to have a go and they're doing just that.
    Next up are Swansea, not having a great time lately, I sense a scalp coming our way!

First half to Preston apart from Smith hitting post and second half to us after Warney changed it with much more attack minded great goal from Smith and the only thing wrong was referee Simpson who came up with some amazing decisions against us

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast