+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline Away

Dunfermline and the fun are the most blatant when it comes to announcing fans not in attendance

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Dunfermline and the fun are the most blatant when it comes to announcing fans not in attendance
    Interesting as I always think pars attendance stats averages have always been high over years 🤔

why do clubs do this? I thought that if anything there might be a tendency to underestimate attendance with a view to paying less tax in the same manner as someone with a cash in hand job might decide not to mention some of their work to the tax office.

Do they just add the sum of season ticket holders to the sum of individual ticket purchases, regardless of how many people show up, in an attempt to boost people's perception of how popular the team is.

I really don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Absolutely. On paper the fixs on Tuesday are perfect for Ross, ICT and Ayr. Funny things can happen though and would give us a boost if any slip up
    No disrespect intended to you personally but how FN galling is it for our club to need favours from other clubs to allow us some sort of parity with three clubs who's average crowd's would fail to fill the sse hydro combined?.I know that is where we are at but its disgraceful that its been allowed to happen,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Celtic with the best support in world football(the gospel according to Dermot)have surpassed the Pars and the Funsters by announcing crowds of 60,000 when only half of them have turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The fact we already have our points for this round of fixtures means that 5 points are more than likely to become 8. By the time we leave Dingwall in a couple of weeks, we could be as much as 11/14 points behind and play offs is best we can expect.

Not trying to be negative here, just realistic about the predicament we have been left in because of the really poor start we have had!
    The poor start we had is entirely the fault of the current chairman who is the serial drinking partner of our former chairman and owner.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The poor start we had is entirely the fault of the current chairman who is the serial drinking partner of our former chairman and owner.
    Is he though? I've been in the same boozer as ST many a time and I've never once clapped eyes on MM in the flesh.

Is ST back from Australia and drinking again in the Ferry?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post
    Is he though? I've been in the same boozer as ST many a time and I've never once clapped eyes on MM in the flesh.
    Must admit I concur with that. Can't say I've seen MM out with ST. Not saying it's never happened but I'm not sure he's a regular boozing buddy.

When the attendance at games is calculated it’s common practice for clubs to include all season tickets holders to actual attendance whether I attendance or not.

Nt that we need to do that 😀

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)