+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugler

Bugler

I'm not pleased with myself about this, but that Bugler who did the the Last Post today was bad. He hit loads of bad notes

Quote Originally Posted by ivegotthecheese View Post
    I'm not pleased with myself about this, but that Bugler who did the the Last Post today was bad. He hit loads of bad notes
    You’re right, I was struggling not to laugh - which was not what I wanted at such a solemn moment. I have a similar problem when I see Mr Magpie trying to look sad when there’s a minute’s silence before a game.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    You’re right, I was struggling not to laugh - which was not what I wanted at such a solemn moment. I have a similar problem when I see Mr Magpie trying to look sad when there’s a minute’s silence before a game.
    Not an easy thing to perform solo in front of thousands of people though

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by 80milesSouth View Post
    You talking about the bugler or some of our players? Seriously, though, that was a very poor performance - stick a record on and give the moment the dignity it deserves, not a Les Dawson moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 80milesSouth View Post
    I suspect it's pretty straightforward if you are vaguely competent at playing a bugle. What should have been a sombre moment was spoiled by his numerous wrong notes. Instead of reflecting on the sacrifices made by our forefathers, a few people around me were bemused by the strange noises he was making.

We were definitely robbed today.....2-0 or 2-1 would have a fair result

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    We were definitely robbed today.....2-0 or 2-1 would have a fair result
    We weren't robbed Tarqs it was our own doing. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

It was a trumpet. Played badly, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We weren't robbed Tarqs it was our own doing. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
    My apologies....I thought it said BURGLAR.....boom boom!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast