+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A third of the season gone...

A third of the season gone...

...and over the last week many will have had the chance to see six of the top seven in action.
    So on this week’s evidence what do we think?
    I haven’t seen Norwich at all this season so can’t comment on them. Leeds were obviously lucky in the manner of their equaliser today but Forest seemed to do little more than just hang on for most of the match. West Brom and Boro’ have both been made to look second best by the Rams in the space of three days so for me Leeds, Derby and the Blades currently look most likely.
    Plenty of other contenders still to show though and (home) bogey team Birmingham City may well be amongst them...won’t be easy.

Who can predict anything? Brum and QPR were so poor to begin with but look at where they now sit.
    Still you cannot rule out Stoke or Swansea. And nobody should be so foolish to discount WBA. They're still the team to beat and Leeds have had the lion's share of possession in almost every single one of their matches. Eventually this stat will pay dividends.

It's a marathon not a sprint

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Absolutely right MA and I’m not writing anyone off Rom.
    Just so happens, we’re a third of the way ‘round the course’ and many will have seen all but Norwich of the top seven this week, so I’m just asking...what do people think so far?
    My take is...FL deserves an 8/10 for the start he’s made, we’re as good as anyone on our day, at least half the division are in contention for a play off place and the January window is going to be particularly crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Can a hamster do a sprint, or maybe even a marathon ?.

I think everybody forgetting Villa still think they will finish top two They have the best squad imo It usually comes down to squads when the suspensions and injuries kick in

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I think everybody forgetting Villa still think they will finish top two They have the best squad imo It usually comes down to squads when the suspensions and injuries kick in
    Personally I’d be very surprised if anyone in the current bottom seven makes it into the ultimate top six but I agree mista...Villa are currently 17th and imo any of those seven**** clubs are possible candidates for the play offs. DCFC loyalty aside it’s a fascinating ‘division’.

Can’t see Clement lasting much longer at Reading...maybe people will be more understanding of Mel getting rid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Can a hamster do a sprint, or maybe even a marathon ?.
    Valid question Acido. I can only speak for this particular specimen but, back in the day, 11.5 seconds for the 100 and I have a sub 4 hour marathon to my name. Last long race would have been Amsterdam Half Marathon around 2007 which was sub 2 hours..... only by 4 seconds mind but, nevertheless, sub 2 hours.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)