+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Hoddle

They vet many types of job professions nowadays Gaz,teachers and social workers, so why not Football managers ?

Chairman need to be fit and proper people to do the job but we know that doesn't always work don't we.

You can't compare the likes of Hoddle to a teacher as Hoddle's life is out there in the public domain.

Hoddle was close to death and you chose to raise past stuff which his employers have chosen to let be.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Chairman need to be fit and proper people to do the job but we know that doesn't always work don't we.

You can't compare the likes of Hoddle to a teacher as Hoddle's life is out there in the public domain.

Hoddle was close to death and you chose to raise past stuff which his employers have chosen to let be.
    Isnt that freedom of speech ? I wished him well and a quick recovery said I didn't have any time for him after what he said about the disabled..

There lies the problem I guess. We want it all our own way.

Do you really think Hoddle is a bad person?

How often have you said or have you heard others say that because of their current demise they must've done something wrong in a previous life?

Where do you stop? To the point you don't have any thoughts of your own and we all become the same thinkers?

No,I don't think Hoddle is a bad person far from it ..I just didn't agree with his thoughts on certain subjects.. It's like on here ,I'm sure people disagree with my thoughts on subjects ,but it doesn't necessarily make me a bad person ,in fact I'm just the opposite..

Being born is a terrible thing for the person themselves and their family,how do you explain to a ****ager with ceribal palsey that according to that cont Hoddle he was born that way to teach him a lesson for things that he did in a former life,this happened to my brother in law,I take my nephew to Notts home games and he loves it,he is a fantastic character,why should a England manager verbally piss on him
    I'm just hoping that our paths don't meet coz I would let him know what I think of him face to face

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    They vet many types of job professions nowadays Gaz,teachers and social workers, so why not Football managers ?
    But do they vet, vets?

I've worked. laughed and grieved with and for quite a few disabled people over the years but I don't despise Hoddle for having a belief.

Hoddle has had nothing but well wishers from around the world and the place where I see criticism of him is right here on an England forum

As I said before gaz, he has raised money for disabled charities since before this article and has continued to do so since, despite lots of criticism. He apologised at the time and that should have been the end of it.

If anyone out there has not done or said anything that has upset others then I suppose they have the right to criticize the rest of us mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    As I said before gaz, he has raised money for disabled charities since before this article and has continued to do so since, despite lots of criticism. He apologised at the time and that should have been the end of it.

If anyone out there has not done or said anything that has upset others then I suppose they have the right to criticize the rest of us mortals.
    Agree with you all the way davee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast