+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Leicester City owner in helicopter crash?

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    A terrible event for all concerned and my THOUGHTS are certainly with those involved.

Prayers however? No. I will never understand that. Surely if you believe in god (poor, deluded fools) you also believe in God's plan for us all? Why therefore, would anybody pray to the murdering deity that is responsible for this crash in the first place? That is ridiculous religious logic and i find it abhorrent. If somebody offered my family prayers if i had been involved, I'd tell them to do one.
    While I am a firm religious non-believer (we are born - we die) one should not show disrespect for other peoples beliefs. The offering of sympathy, in whatever manner, should be received gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    A very uncaring comment. Many people find comfort and draw strength in receiving such offerings of sympathy and commiseration.
    Did you not read the first paragraph?

The Leicester owner was by all accounts one of the good guys, and what’s happened is terrible. I’m glad Notts put out a message, but offering “prayers” sounds to me glib and insincere. Who’ll be praying, and what will they be praying for?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

The Leicester owner was by all accounts one of the good guys, and what’s happened is terrible. I’m glad Notts put out a message, but offering “prayers” sounds to me glib and insincere. Who’ll be praying, and what will they be praying for?
    You're not a Buddist, ask one?

Basic Buddhist Beliefs
    Everything changes, nothing is permanent, and suffering is inevitable.
    True happiness, enlightenment, and freedom from suffering can be found through Buddhist teachings.
    Death is a natural part of life.
    Both wisdom and compassion should be developed.
    [/B]A spirit is not extinguished upon death, but instead transfers into another life in one of six separate planes (three fortunate and three unfortunate).
    A person’s actions during his lifetime results in karma that determines in what form his spirit will be reborn—as a human, an animal, or various forms of spirits, including angels, demons, gods, and ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    A terrible event for all concerned and my THOUGHTS are certainly with those involved.

Prayers however? No. I will never understand that. Surely if you believe in god (poor, deluded fools) you also believe in God's plan for us all? Why therefore, would anybody pray to the murdering deity that is responsible for this crash in the first place? That is ridiculous religious logic and i find it abhorrent. If somebody offered my family prayers if i had been involved, I'd tell them to do one.
    Agree 100%. This crash is undoubtedly tragic, but KCNotts makes a good point. If it was god's will that made this happen, what is the point in praying to the fictional bloke who apparently decided it should happen?

Sounds like you're trying to turn a terrible tragedy into a point scoring exercise against those who believe god.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A person’s actions during his lifetime results in karma that determines in what form his spirit will be reborn—as a human, an animal, or various forms of spirits, including angels, demons, gods, and ghosts.
    Possibly the best argument as to why religions (all of them) are complete bullsh!t that I've read.

Please can I be reborn as a racehorse?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to turn a terrible tragedy into a point scoring exercise against those who believe god.
    It only sounds like that to a bellend who can’t read English.

Thicky, what on earth are you on about? You’re making less sense than when you’re being a massive racist, and I didn’t think that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Possibly the best argument as to why religions (all of them) are complete bullsh!t that I've read.

Please can I be reborn as a racehorse?
    I hope you and Big Fat Cnut come back as Forest fans.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I hope you and Big Fat Cnut come back as Forest fans.
    I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but what have I ever done to deserve that?

Let’s hope there weren’t many on, and no one on the ground was hurt.

Notts Twitter offering thoughts and prayers, though what they’re praying for, or what good they think it’ll do is a mystery.
    Thoughts and prayers - Another Americanism that's crept it's way across here. Mostly posted by atheists.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast