+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Leicester City owner in helicopter crash?

This is one of the saddest threads. A terrible sad event and it's hijacked by those who usually pick any opportunity to criticise religion / faith in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    This is one of the saddest threads. A terrible sad event and it's hijacked by those who usually pick any opportunity to criticise religion / faith in any form.
    Totally agree, there are a few sad people that attempt to hijack every thread......I have a solution......start barring these people, we will start with 1 week, then 1 month, 3 months, then a year......they will quickly learn, if not "cheerio"

Where are the Mods?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It is possible to feel sadness and sympathy to the victims and their families without involving gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but what have I ever done to deserve that?
    I'm just guessing here....but people don't really like you....sorry

Here is an example why.....same thread

esterday, 07:23 PM #16
    Elite_Pie
    Elite_Pie is offline Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A person’s actions during his lifetime results in karma that determines in what form his spirit will be reborn—as a human, an animal, or various forms of spirits, including angels, demons, gods, and ghosts.
    Possibly the best argument as to why religions (all of them) are complete bullsh!t that I've read.

Please can I be reborn as a racehorse?
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 29-10-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I'm just guessing here....but people don't really like you....sorry
    And what do you base that guess on? I'm pretty sure most people don't give a toss about me one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    A terrible event for all concerned and my THOUGHTS are certainly with those involved.

Prayers however? No. I will never understand that. Surely if you believe in god (poor, deluded fools) you also believe in God's plan for us all? Why therefore, would anybody pray to the murdering deity that is responsible for this crash in the first place? That is ridiculous religious logic and i find it abhorrent. If somebody offered my family prayers if i had been involved, I'd tell them to do one.
    By your logic, KC, God was also responsible for WW2 and the holocaust. Not so. I have always accepted that man is responsible for all events on Earth that relate to man. Even helicopter crashes. It's called 'free will' and numerous great thinkers have pondered how and when this develops in our lives. If God could intervene at any time that things go wrong then we would be merely his puppets and life would be devoid of meaning.
    Surely, the point of prayer is to concentrate the mind and join people together in their grief, hope, etc. Not to bring about a miracle. Such a reaction is deep within the human psyche, even of those on here who stupidly proclaim that atheism is a desirable path.
    Have you ever been at a game when the ball is on the goal line and you found yourself pretend-kicking the ball (in or out depending on your preference). Now why would you do that? Because deep within you think that by mimicking an action you can influence it.

Name:  Crying Fox.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  82.7 KB

Thanks for posting... Say's it all really...

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    By your logic, KC, God was also responsible for WW2 and the holocaust. Not so. I have always accepted that man is responsible for all events on Earth that relate to man. Even helicopter crashes. It's called 'free will' and numerous great thinkers have pondered how and when this develops in our lives. If God could intervene at any time that things go wrong then we would be merely his puppets and life would be devoid of meaning.
    Surely, the point of prayer is to concentrate the mind and join people together in their grief, hope, etc. Not to bring about a miracle. Such a reaction is deep within the human psyche, even of those on here who stupidly proclaim that atheism is a desirable path.
    Have you ever been at a game when the ball is on the goal line and you found yourself pretend-kicking the ball (in or out depending on your preference). Now why would you do that? Because deep within you think that by mimicking an action you can influence it.
    Earthquakes? tsunamis? Children born with AIDS? Cancer?

I watched in amazement the news unfold in Indonesia recently where a tsunami had devastated a town and destroyed a mosque, yet the people were still praying to their god (who caused the earthquake in the first place!). How do you explain a god that destroys his own place of worship? They will rebuild that mosque and carry on their deluded worship of a murdering deity. You worship a god with a kill-count far worse, perverse and evil than Hitler and Stalin combined.

You are welcome to your faith, but I feel sorry for you and the level of brainwashing that you must have been exposed to in life. If there is a god (and it is absolutely mental that people still believe this in 2018), i would want no part of his heaven. On the day of my judgement, I'd tell him to go ___ himself.
    Last edited by KCNotts; 29-10-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Earthquakes? tsunamis? Children born with AIDS? Cancer?

I watched in amazement the news unfold in Indonesia recently where a tsunami had devastated a town and destroyed a mosque, yet the people were still praying to their god (who caused the earthquake in the first place!). How do you explain a god that destroys his own place of worship? They will rebuild that mosque and carry on the deluded worship of a murdering deity.

You are welcome to you faith, but I feel sorry for you and the level of brainwashing that you must have been exposed to in life. If there is a god (and it is absolutely mental that people still believe this in 2018), i would want no part of his heaven. On the day of my judgement, I'd tell him to go ___ himself.
    Not sure why you are so upset.

You say it is mental to believe in God but in the same post you say that He caused the earthquake in the first place! Sorry, but you can't have both.

You also mention the day of your judgement. I would be more concerned if I were you as to what He would say to me!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast