+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Look to yourself, Harry Kewell

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Kevin Nolan's pre season recruitment shocker is largely to blame however Kewell is fast making himself a problem as well with stupid decisions. If Kewell doesnt cut the rug soon then Hardy also becomes a problem. Not in terms of his commitment and financial backing which cannot be faulted in anyway but in terms of like his predecessor taking chances on young and inexperienced managers and trusting them with what for this level is a very large budget. The only manager who has got recruitment right pre season when given a large cheque book ( which was fake money) is Ian Mcparland. Anyone else who has had a decent budget in recent years can hang their heads in shame at they way it has been spent.
    For Gods sake stop whining. The U10 girls team are ripping it up and George is having a whale of a time, it's only a bump in the road. I just can't see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Kevin Nolan's pre season recruitment shocker is largely to blame however Kewell is fast making himself a problem as well with stupid decisions. If Kewell doesnt cut the rug soon then Hardy also becomes a problem. Not in terms of his commitment and financial backing which cannot be faulted in anyway but in terms of like his predecessor taking chances on young and inexperienced managers and trusting them with what for this level is a very large budget. The only manager who has got recruitment right pre season when given a large cheque book ( which was fake money) is Ian Mcparland. Anyone else who has had a decent budget in recent years can hang their heads in shame at they way it has been spent.
    You are spot on about McParland though.

I don't get why people are having a go at kewell we should of been out of sight on saturday. For me the players he's brought in have been very good. All he said is he wants hardworking players and thats what he wants to bring in in January. Hewitt played rb when he first came to notts and played well compared to what we were use too. He got up and down all match he should of been ok there just stopping crosses. For me hemmings looks lazy. I have only seen dennis come on as sub once early in the season and he seemed bright and was making some good runs behind the defence but we didn't have a midfielder who could play a killer pass. Hewitt is not a midfielder Vaughan is too slow. Whats happening with kellett? Thomas is good running with the ball probably better off wide. We need cover for rb and a quality midfielder.some of the football being played is a breath of fresh air than under nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    You are spot on about McParland though.
    McParland had an eye for a decent player, he just struggled to get the best out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    MK Dons never threatened our defence on Saturday!
    Not even twice?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Not even twice?
    Not once!

Swindon did though?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Not once!
    Yep, I see what you did there 👍😁

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Bridg4d, the saying is that 'a bad workman blames HIS tools' and unfortunately these tools are largely not his tools.
    Are they not?
    4 of the starting 11 were Kewell signings, plus Boldewijn who he managed last season and Hemmings who he said he tried to sign this summer.

That's over half the team that are Kewell's tools.

And despite almost an entire new defence, we have still conceded 8 in the last 3 games.
    Last edited by TheProphet; 30-10-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Are they not?
    4 of the starting 11 were Kewell signings, plus Boldewijn who he managed last season and Hemmings who he said he tried to sign this summer.

That's over half the team that are Kewell's tools.
    I suppose there is an argument that if you need to undertake a particular job with only half the necessary tools you won't successfully complete that task.

Personally I quite like Kewell, maybe he was wrong to berate his players in public but equally we don't know what kind of relationship he has with them in the dressing room, maybe this is quite normal in this particular environment.

Ultimately these are professional footballers, paid to play football, yes there may have been some tactical naivety in Kewell's substitution however, if the reports are correct (I missed the game saturday) Swindon were not showing any kind of attacking potency at that time and maybe Kewell thought the introduction of an attacking play maker (Vaughan?) to replace an injured(?) toots would actually provide the impetus to go on and win comfortably?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast