+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Look to yourself, Harry Kewell

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Harry Kewell,Paul Hart and Mark Crossley can all **** off as far as I'am concerned.

There are free Qantas flights available apparently..........

Good win for the Stags tonight...note they didn't sit back on a one goal lead or blame the ref.

Good scouting system there,where did they get Timi Elsnik from then ?

Is there a scouting network at Notts or is it the Boy Scouts.......?
    Yes there is or was. Hardy and his mates. Fletcher et al ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Basically its all down to whether AH will back HK in January because as a player HK was a skilful hardworking footballer who played the ball on the ground at the highest level and he knows how to play the game and hes a winner hes an Aussie. Most lower league players cant do what these ex premier league players want them to do. We have got a few so as i said AH as either got to back him or he will fail and we will need a manager that likes his teams big,strong, and direct with a couple of fast tricky wide men and a lot of luck. As for hemmings trying hard tony agana tried very hard nough said. Dennis can put the ball in the net give him a run in the team. Whats happening with kellet?
    Aussies winners, only when they tamper with the ball, you're having a laugh..

Sportsmen from the southern hemisphere have a winning mentality if thats a better way of putting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Harry Kewell,Paul Hart and Mark Crossley can all **** off as far as I'am concerned.

There are free Qantas flights available apparently..........

Good win for the Stags tonight...note they didn't sit back on a one goal lead or blame the ref.

Good scouting system there,where did they get Timi Elsnik from then ?

Is there a scouting network at Notts or is it the Boy Scouts.......?
    You’d have to say they’ve used the loan market well - three players in Sweeney, Elsnik and Walker who’ve all contributed on a regular basis. Compare that to us: Obviously we were unlucky with Ben Hall’s injury, but Thomas has been a fringe player and Davies has played for just 30 minutes. (I’m not including Rob Milsom here because he’s a loan signing in name only.)

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    You’d have to say they’ve used the loan market well - three players in Sweeney, Elsnik and Walker who’ve all contributed on a regular basis. Compare that to us: Obviously we were unlucky with Ben Hall’s injury, but Thomas has been a fringe player and Davies has played for just 30 minutes. (I’m not including Rob Milsom here because he’s a loan signing in name only.)
    They are good signings,yes. Compare them with our owner’s ecstatic delight of signing of Virtue. His ecstasy of signing a Liverpool player, not because he was any good (he wasn’t) but simply because he was a Liverpool player. Tell me, who dictates the signing of Notts players?

Sportsmen from the southern hemisphere have a winning mentality if thats a better way of putting it.
    Yes they are all talk but win sweet FA. Are you sensing something closer to home?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    They are good signings,yes. Compare them with our owner’s ecstatic delight of signing of Virtue. His ecstasy of signing a Liverpool player, not because he was any good (he wasn’t) but simply because he was a Liverpool player. Tell me, who dictates the signing of Notts players?
    ERmmmmmm.....Alan. Steve Heighway's still at Liverpool he should have signed him, never mind he's 72...

Winning is everything to the Aussies, even if it means cheating, or sportsmanship as they like to call it. Much as grinding the other fellow down to make a fast buck is to the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Yes they are all talk but win sweet FA. Are you sensing something closer to home?
    I just think with rhe way kewell played his football and at the level he played at with the win mentality he could be an excellent manager thats all. People are moaning about the substitution but hewitt started at right back for notts and vaughan should still be able to control a game alongside milsom cos Swindon aren't exactly a big dirty side who kick lumps out of the opposition.

Swindon aren't exactly a big dirty side who kick lumps out of the opposition.
    You weren't at the game then?

I think Harry Kewell was the only person in the ground that thought introducing David Vaughan to that game would be a good idea, I said it the second he stood up fromt he dugout ready to come on and lo and behold they almost instantly walked through our midfield.

He's been a shocking signing, he was advertised as someone that's great at passing and rarely gives the ball away. I'm yet to see him make a pass anyone else in the team couldn't have made and he's played the opposition through on goal more times than he has any of our players. I'd rate Stanley Aborah, Andre Boucaud and Gavin Mahon all above him regardless of the glorious career he might have had elswhere. His performance against MK Dons (where he still managed to almost cost us a goal) is the only time he's looked anything like what we expected him to be imo.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast