+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That Burnley tosser

That Burnley tosser

....did a fine job on us yesterday. He went in stoods up and broke Mulgrews rib.
    Then went in elbow first into Raya's face nearly causing his nose to go up into his brain. The lad needs to reign it in. He is deliberately going in to make a fellow pro because he hates Rovers and wanted to leaves mark. He is crap aswell. Other than being a disgrace to his profession he did nothing.

Now now Champs settle down..

He's taking you down
    He's taking you down
    Ginger Allardyce
    He's taking you down

It's looking that way Sven,although I didn't expect any other result than a Chelsea win..Our only hope is there are 4/5 other teams that are just as bad if not worse than us..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    It's looking that way Sven,although I didn't expect any other result than a Chelsea win..Our only hope is there are 4/5 other teams that are just as bad if not worse than us..
    You know Alf. Same with us. The Champ is the best league for entertainment. The league table is so close. And anyone can literally beat anyone. The quality in the top s4 sides are way above the rest in the Prem. The quality of entertaining games in the league is poor overall. In no way as a fan am I wanting a rushed return to all of that. But football being football you want your team to do well. And push on. For us that's the main brief.

We wound him up and it dosnt look good that he was involved with both players
    We clearly got to him with his over the top celebrating in front of our fans when they scored.
    Was it on purpose I am not sure but it dosnt look good.

There are enough worse teams Alfi but if you have the usual second half to the season you are ****ed

It's another case where it depends on the camera-angle (with Raya). I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, and he did look genuinely upset, but it was certainly rash.
    It will be interesting to see if there is some kind of review. I reckon football is still behind in that respect. Rugby players can't get away with anything these days, because of retrospective punishment. In my playing days, we had a forward who regularly punched our own prop in the scrum, because the prop was too easy-going when he wasn't angry! Even that would get picked up by one of the 76 cameras covering a game nowadays!
    Football is still too keen to operate on the basis that the referee can't be wrong. Cricket-umpires now welcome the fact that their mistakes can be overturned. I wouldn't want to see too many pauses during a game itself, but we I would welcome more actions taken as a result of later video reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    There are enough worse teams Alfi but if you have the usual second half to the season you are ****ed
    Man. Utd. will probably claw their way back into the top six as the season goes on. Then we will witness the annual spectacle of about 12 teams fighting to avoid relegation. Teams are desperate to survive because of the money, and - of course - Mowbray will ultimately be seen as some kind of failure if he doesn't lead us back to the Promised Land. (It had never struck me before: perhaps that's what "PL" stands for!)
    The same with Dyche. Despite his amazing achievements, I bet there will be calls for his head if Burnley are relegated.
    It's a farce, really. In my view, we should get the top six into a European super-league, and create a genuinely competitive, revamped PL of 20 clubs. There would be no relegation, the year it happened, and the Championship top six would all be promoted.
    I doubt that it will ever come about, but from the perspective of creating genuinely competitive sport at our top level, it would be so much more successful.

Agreed Aucks but I thought the Championship was next for "promotion" by Sky?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)