+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That Burnley tosser

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Or you could use a TARDIS and transport yourself back to 1995 and watch the team that Jack bought..

This is more satisfying now. The last time was an exciting journey, but completely unique.
    And nobody can ever take that memory away from me.
    This time is different. We will get up by being a well run football club.
    We are doing things in the local community, we are progressing and the boss is giving us all something to be very proud of.
    My value for money with my season ticket is immense. I have not seen a bad match yet, and every game is so closely fought. I look forward to games now, just as much as I did when Shearer was scoring goals against every side in the country and we where winning the league.

From where we had dropped to, and how quickly we have returned, and we are back stronger now, this is just a big a miracle. We are competing with clubs who have £200m in the bank more than us. And we are just as good if not better than most.

What we have is a very special group, and a band of brothers. This is unique in football, besieged by money.

Serious question Champs.. What are the Venkys doing nowadays? It's all gone very quiet..
    got to admit Rovers seem to be getting a decent squad together.. Glad you are enjoying your time watching them again ..

Serious question Champs.. What are the Venkys doing nowadays? It's all gone very quiet..
    got to admit Rovers seem to be getting a decent squad together.. Glad you are enjoying your time watching them again ..
    Alf, my take on it is that everyone forgets we are a tiny part of their empire. I think the time will soon come when they make some of kind of admission that they made a right b*llocks of the early years. For now, it's a matter of them sitting back and keeping a low profile, which suits everybody.
    The posters (enemy!) who claim Venky's are going to abandon us are not taking into account the fact that the debt is peanuts to them. I reckon they still have a long-term eye on the marketing opportunities that a successful football club in England can have in Asia. We're a few years away from that (if we're talking PL top six!!!), but they can afford to be patient because of the huge success of their other companies and investments.
    I know there are still boycotters, but that seems to me to be a self-inflicted wound at this stage. I would NEVER have stopped going, anyway, because I would never have had the willpower to stay away as a matter of principle. I can't walk past a park football match, and I get totally involved at my nine-year-old grandson's basketball games! Wherever I've lived, I've found Saturday afternoon at the game impossible to resist (if I wasn't playing).
    Some Rovers supporters abandoned the Club (in terms of attendance) because of Venky's, but there is no way I could have done that. It was hard enough to leave English sport, as it was, when we moved to NZ because of a bigger picture, and I still miss that aspect of our life in the UK.
    I watched Rovers at Lincoln once when the sheep outnumbered the crowd. It all comes down to temperament!

Alf, Auks has answered everything for me.
    they are incredibly rich. And have just announced record turn over world wide.
    They made sure TM was given extra money in the summer. And are really pushing to give more in Jan.
    TM and Waggot will slow this process down, as they have a longer term plan. Venkys will back them. We will have a big summer transfer wise.
    Like Auks said, the debt is small pocket change for them. They want us to go back up, trust TM and Waggot to run the club. And stay out of things by request.
    Last edited by champs95; 01-11-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    This is more satisfying now. The last time was an exciting journey, but completely unique.
    And nobody can ever take that memory away from me.
    This time is different. We will get up by being a well run football club.
    We are doing things in the local community, we are progressing and the boss is giving us all something to be very proud of.
    My value for money with my season ticket is immense. I have not seen a bad match yet, and every game is so closely fought. I look forward to games now, just as much as I did when Shearer was scoring goals against every side in the country and we where winning the league.

From where we had dropped to, and how quickly we have returned, and we are back stronger now, this is just a big a miracle. We are competing with clubs who have £200m in the bank more than us. And we are just as good if not better than most.

What we have is a very special group, and a band of brothers. This is unique in football, besieged by money.
    Brilliant post, couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Well - I've got my Gold Card. I might try it with with one of the airlines. Hell of a round-trip in the day, though. I'll probably wait till "Beam me up, Scotty" becomes reality.
    Aww thats a shame Aucks matey, Ive always wanted to go for a day trip to Auckland in Australia lol.
    (oohh dear, have I made an obvious unforgiveable 'double' mistake there eh).

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Aww thats a shame Aucks matey, Ive always wanted to go for a day trip to Auckland in Australia lol.
    (oohh dear, have I made an obvious unforgiveable 'double' mistake there eh).
    Your comment will be picked up by the New Zealand Unacceptable Insult Task Force...there will be no place to hide. You will probably find a kiwi in your bed, stuffed with explosives.
    Alternatively, you may be forced to eat deep-fried kumara or made to spend a long weekend in Dargaville. (I'd opt for the quick-death-by-kiwi if they offer you a choice).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)