+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1/4 The Way Through

1/4 The Way Through

15 league matches in, a couple of cup games and still not in the bottom 3. This is after spending the first week or so there after our only thrashing of the season. We could have all dreaded our fait and feared that it was going to be one of heart ache and misery after that display. A display that pitted out last season promotion team or what was left of it up against a club and a team we could only dream of emulating.

We've had some great publicity especially through our self made Mr. Nice Guy and if you're not liked by me as a person you're not welcome. It seams like a bizare way of going about a business filled with agents and kids trying to earn as much as they can in a short a term as their bodies will allow them to. The cocky attitude wore by players are not wecome at Rotherham United but the hear of the club, the one thing we all expect is being sort after from the players by a management team that seem to know the fans!

Are the maagement team fans? Warne openly admits that he's a Norwich fan, Pollitt and Barke I'm not too sure but I know and have for a long time that Hamshaw is and has always been. The only thing you can say about the whole of the management team is that they are passionate about Rotherham United and this could be mistaken with Love for The Millers!
    Unlike them though we have an additional part to our relationship to the club. It wasn't the signing of a contract with Rotherham United that brought us to the club. Ours was a want, a desire and then an anoying love that even when we should know better we still go whan things couldn't get any worse.

Can these positive feeling and a nice place to work give the players that are from lower leagues make them better players? Can they be strong enough mentally not to crack when things get really tough? I hope so! Ireally hope that we can keep going forward and getting more out of players and retain our position come the end of the season.

I do feer though that come January we will lose certain players and to be honest I don't think that we'll replace them with sufficiant quality to see the job through and retain our position. I hope that I'm wrong.

Very good that Frog.
    I agree with a lot of what you say it doesn’t matter who they support they are giving everything for the millers.
    I disagree with you about losing certain players I think we will add to the squad in January not silly money but enough to see us safe.
    Utm

only way we will lose players is if they cause a stink and want to leave or we get over a million for aj

Richie Barker is a Wednesday fan.
    Aston Owl

Not sure about Pollitt. Bolton maybe

Fair points there Froglet but since when have we played 60 games in a season? 4x 15 = 60. I think you meant almost a third in

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Fair points there Froglet but since when have we played 60 games in a season? 4x 15 = 60. I think you meant almost a third in
    Quite true Brin, I love Frog but his maths is Shyte

I know Taylor is angling for a new deal but his article in the Tizer was very enlightening on the players attitude. It seems that it's a good place to work and the lads are enjoying it. This is always a sign of a good successful team in any field.

Much better than i dared hope for. We seem to be getting stronger as the season progresses.