+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I believe we can win it but I'm not particularly confident we will. We have it in our locker to be very solid defensively (if Devlin's fit) and we have a few players who can produce a goal out of nothing (GMS, McGinn (if he turns up), maybe even someone like Wright or Wilson). The main problem for me is that we haven't been good at retaining possession this season and particularly against Celtic they will press us hard and we'll end up lumping it back to them, giving them 90% possession and inviting them to attack us for 90 minutes. Do that against Celtic and you lose 99 times out of 100. We need to keep the ball and we need to get the likes of GMS, McGinn, Wright etc running at them if we're to have any chance of winning. If we play Cosgrove and boot it long all day I think Celtic will run out easy winners.
    I remain to be convinced about Scott Wright. Looks great v dross like Partick Thistle and St Mirren, but when the chips are down, can he really be relied upon to come up with the goods? I don't think so.

In terms of the "unknown factor", I recall how we threw in a very inexperienced Eoin Jess v the Hun in the 89 final, who went on to have a good game, but Wright gets too easily marked out of games. Frank Ross, I think is a different kettle of fish, I think he could be the real deal, so unfortunate that's he's out long term.

I don't think McGinn will start on sunday either, McInnes will try and block up the midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    I remain to be convinced about Scott Wright. Looks great v dross like Partick Thistle and St Mirren, but when the chips are down, can he really be relied upon to come up with the goods? I don't think so.

In terms of the "unknown factor", I recall how we threw in a very inexperienced Eoin Jess v the Hun in the 89 final, who went on to have a good game, but Wright gets too easily marked out of games. Frank Ross, I think is a different kettle of fish, I think he could be the real deal, so unfortunate that's he's out long term.

I don't think McGinn will start on sunday either, McInnes will try and block up the midfield
    I agree with you.
    Wright flatters to deceive, can be very good when on his game, but too easily knocked off his stride and then hides.
    Ross does seem to be the stronger candidate to break through and just hope this injury does not impact that.

I hope McGinn does not start, but then again, I'd want GMS on the left to run at Lustig. so we need someone to curtail Teirney down the left and to be fair McGinn can do a decent role there, he's just not so great getting forward nowadays.
    I also can't think who could go in on the right in this scenario.

One alternative is to play GMS on the right with Lowe on the left, with Considine behind.
    I expect a bit of flack for that but happy to consider other tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree with you.
    Wright flatters to deceive, can be very good when on his game, but too easily knocked off his stride and then hides.
    Ross does seem to be the stronger candidate to break through and just hope this injury does not impact that.

I hope McGinn does not start, but then again, I'd want GMS on the left to run at Lustig. so we need someone to curtail Teirney down the left and to be fair McGinn can do a decent role there, he's just not so great getting forward nowadays.
    I also can't think who could go in on the right in this scenario.

One alternative is to play GMS on the right with Lowe on the left, with Considine behind.
    I expect a bit of flack for that but happy to consider other tactics.
    The weakest link should be our focus, we obviously need to be aware of their strong points, but Lustig and over the top of Boyata for Gordon to “try” and be a sweeper again are options.......the c@nt cannot keep getting away with his challenges.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I bottled it by making a desperate apology?

I thought he posted Hibs made great signings in the summer and he said he didn’t. I went back to the thread and it turned out he wasn’t one of few who were creaming their pants over Hibs super summer signings.

I was wrong so I apologised to him,you should try doing the same thing the next time you are wrong.
    Sorry Rico the moncler/bottler wind-up was aimed at RST as he was the guy who I seem to remember asked someone for a square go and he could be identified at the pub by his moncler jaiket.
    Ive no idea what yir on about with the hibs signings etc and apologising to folk, you've got entirely the wrong end of the stick min. And anyway, im rarely if ever wrong.

Like everyone else is saying, Lustig is fkng honking as is Boyata. Go at them and we're in with a great chance.
    Last edited by DodHagi; 30-11-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Sorry Rico the moncler/bottler wind-up was aimed at RST as he was the guy who I seem to remember asked someone for a square go and he could be identified at the pub by his moncler jaiket.
    Ive no idea what yir on about with the hibs signings etc and apologising to folk, you've got entirely the wrong end of the stick min. And anyway, im rarely if ever wrong.

Like everyone else is saying, Lustig is fkng honking as is Boyata. Go at them and we're in with a great chance.
    I was only kidding as well Rico, relax.

As for going at Boyata and Lustig...who do we go at them with?

Unfortunetly, Lustig may miss sunday as, from listening to the comemntary last night of the Timmy game, looked like he did his hammy, although think he did play on for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Unfortunetly, Lustig may miss sunday as, from listening to the comemntary last night of the Timmy game, looked like he did his hammy, although think he did play on for a bit.
    Was hoping it may have been someone more influential for them getting crocked!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    The weakest link should be our focus, we obviously need to be aware of their strong points, but Lustig and over the top of Boyata for Gordon to “try” and be a sweeper again are options.......the c@nt cannot keep getting away with his challenges.

SF
    And who will go at them, what players would do a good job of that. Also who will the manager be that would set up to attack them because it sure as f@ck wont be McInnes

The are going to attack us at left and right back. Fills me with dread as they will create copious chances. That's a big area we need to be at full concentration at all times and with Logan at his worst in a red shirt and Considine(if Dev is back) it doesn't make for good viewing

No worries,you replied to my post so I thought you were talking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I was only kidding as well Rico, relax.

As for going at Boyata and Lustig...who do we go at them with?
    I know you were kidding but to be fair to rst I don’t think he has a lot of anger issues.

I can think of 1 maybe 2 posters on here that are precious and are likely to throw their toys out the pram when you disagree with them.

1 hasn’t been on for a while but will probably appear on Sunday if we miraculously win.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast