+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Do you think we didn't defend well in the semi ?
    The semi we defended well, however, if Rangers had anything like composure up front we were in bother. The quartes against Hibs we didn't defend well. Shocking finishing from Hibs let them down. We rode our luck in the last 2 games which is cup football, but we can't expect 3 favourable results with a poor performance.

When McKenna and Devlin are both available we've shown we can soak up a lot of pressure, I hope to fvck Mikey's fit.

GMS and McGinn will have to do a lot of tracking back like they did against Hibs a couple of weeks ago.

We made 5 really good chances down at the piggery this season so I wouldn't write us off just yet. Rosenborg could do us a favour on Thursday by breaking a couple of legs.
    Devlin will be fit and I think we can win but as Beachend says, we can't expect ride our luck three cup games in a row. We need to defend properly, concentrate (which we are bad at) and hope they are an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    The semi we defended well, however, if Rangers had anything like composure up front we were in bother. The quartes against Hibs we didn't defend well. Shocking finishing from Hibs let them down. We rode our luck in the last 2 games which is cup football, but we can't expect 3 favourable results with a poor performance.
    In the later stages of both matches Hibs and Sevco ran out of ideas due to us being difficult to break down. Describing that as riding our luck doesn't give us enough credit.

In the later stages of both matches Hibs and Sevco ran out of ideas due to us being difficult to break down. Describing that as riding our luck doesn't give us enough credit.
    I agree to an extent but Celtic have plenty of other options. There's a difference between defending well and defending by the skin of your teeth. Hopefully it'll be the former at the weekend and a GMS counter attack in the last minute.

It's all opinions, however, I disagree with your comments on the Hibs tie. We defended poorly from front to back and Hibs did not run out of ideas, but just had a shocker in front of goal. Very fortunate to come through that tie is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    Anyone know when tickets are available for collection?
    From today, ticket office open 9.30-8.00 all this week and until 5pm on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    It's all opinions, however, I disagree with your comments on the Hibs tie. We defended poorly from front to back and Hibs did not run out of ideas, but just had a shocker in front of goal. Very fortunate to come through that tie is an understatement.
    It was one of those matches where we could've played all night and they still wouldn't have scored. I don't think Devlin was fully fit that night which didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    From today, ticket office open 9.30-8.00 all this week and until 5pm on Saturday
    Never has a queue so long to give tickets back been seen at Pittodrie

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    If it wasn't for the fact that we've already paid for the tix, I'd be seriously thinking of joining that queue.

And that's from a confirmed Happy_Clapper

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I don't understand that. Why would you want to give a ticket for a final back due to us being pish? Pisher teams have won finals.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast