+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Said something similar to the wee Polis mannie after leaving the game. Nae idea where to go to get back into town from that side of the ground. Found a Bus stop. One bus Full and a 40 min wait tilll next one. About 6 Police cars and a van parked up , and 8 or 9 of them lounging about the big van. So I stroll up and ask if they could give some advice to a Tourist visiting his City.
    Like how the fek do we get out of here ?? We`re not used to being in this End. Can I use the M Florida train station
    " Naw, that`s the Rangers End " He says. Well it`s our End now !! I says , and he points me for a 10 minute walk to Queens Park Station.

That went well too. 20 min wait for a Train. And it lands exactly same time as train on opposite platform full of Huns. £ Police in Station. Michty !! Last thing they wanted was a trainful of Dandies giving them big licks !!
    neilthedon - Kings Park was the station to go to. Ten minute walk from the west end of the ground. The train I got from there bypassed Mount Florida and all the seething huns waiting for their train. Got ushered straight onto a train (no ticket) and waved straight through the barrier at Central. (still no ticket)

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    STV the now - DM wasn't exactly keen to get in to the ticket allocations for the final, can't blame him to be honest after the semi disaster. Would we sell a 50% cut in a final to them? I'm actually not convinced.
    The last Scottish Cup final we struggled to sell our allocation of around 21K, think we were maybe a few hundred short. We had to pay for all the tickets though. Not sure if maybe we get a slightly bigger allocation in League Cup final as maybe less corporates etc allocated than in Scottish Cup final.

I think whether we sell them all will depend a lot on how we play and to an extent how Celtic play over next four weeks. If we can actually find a bit of form and score more than one goal a game plus Celtic continue to be up and down then I think we sell out as there is a real chance we can win final. Whereas if we continue to play pretty rubbish and Celtic find a bit of form then winning the cup is a bit of a long shot so we struggle to sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The fact this crops up every time just shows how shyte the folk running the game are. If Montrose made the final, it should be a 50/50 split. The club can hand back any they don’t sell.
    I agree with this but the danger with this approach is that probably we hand back South upper first followed by best North Stand seats as due to segregation issues Polis won't allow them in West Stand. We could maybe live with South Stand upper but to hell with being shoved round the corner like what happened in semi

Yes Goggsie . It was Kings Park station then. And same with the tickets , or rather lack of them.

We found ourselves in the wrong section (the turnstile operator obviously didn't check), so we asked a steward how we could get to the right section...she pointed to a double door and informed us to go through...which the seven of us did...right into nice warm room selling snacks...and swarming with the opposition fans...the stewarding at Hampden is dangerously incompetent...

20k tickets, on sale next Tuesday at 5.30 lead buyer has to have 80+ loyalty and can buy as many as they want as long as its assigned to an account

Oh look, we’re in the Proddy end

Only in Scotland, at a 'neutral' stadium would you have to 'negotiate' for less than half the tickets.
    Vile.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Only in Scotland, at a 'neutral' stadium would you have to 'negotiate' for less than half the tickets.
    Vile.
    Yep. Aberdeen’s fault though

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    20k tickets, on sale next Tuesday at 5.30 lead buyer has to have 80+ loyalty and can buy as many as they want as long as its assigned to an account

And the rest : To 80+ points holders AND those who attended the Semi final . So that`s good ?

( Also 4 loyalty points per ticket . Which seems a bit high given it`s a Finalk ?? And there are only two points for the Killie game this Sunday with a 12.00hrs kick off ?!! ) )

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast