+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stamford Bridge...battle or foregone mismatch?

Stamford Bridge...battle or foregone mismatch?

With Chelsea scoring goals for fun and us facing a hugely important and difficult challenge next Saturday how do we approach Wednesday evening?
    Difficult to see us coming away with a win but that was the case at Old Trafford...so, do we give it all we’ve got or take the opportunity to rest a few in readiness for the weekend?

I don't think this is a la OT. I always gave us a chance at OT. We are not chanceless at the Bridge but they hammered Burnley yesterday at Turf Moor 0-4.

I think we will see changes to the starting lineup. Not huge ones but changes there will be.

I think, having asked to be allowed to play them, Tomori and Mount are bound to start.

Carson
    Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Forsyth (changes at full back to improve defensively)
    Hudds and Mount to play MF. Third MF Bryson if fit, otherwise BJ (again with an eye on being defensive.
    Up top? Bennett Nugent and Wilson/Lawrence to start (If Bryson plays then Wilson wide left, Bennett for defensive work)

Not gung ho but also not a case of bus parking, giving some players a rest and others a crack. Will FL do similar? I suspect he might.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I don't think this is a la OT. I always gave us a chance at OT. We are not chanceless at the Bridge but they hammered Burnley yesterday at Turf Moor 0-4.

I think we will see changes to the starting lineup. Not huge ones but changes there will be.

I think, having asked to be allowed to play them, Tomori and Mount are bound to start.

Carson
    Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Forsyth (changes at full back to improve defensively)
    Hudds and Mount to play MF. Third MF Bryson if fit, otherwise BJ (again with an eye on being defensive.
    Up top? Bennett Nugent and Wilson/Lawrence to start (If Bryson plays then Wilson wide left, Bennett for defensive work)

Not gung ho but also not a case of bus parking, giving some players a rest and others a crack. Will FL do similar? I suspect he might.
    We can't lose really. Be nice to give them a bit of a game but not expecting to win. We just don't want to be getting done 6 or 7 and losing any momentum in the league as a result of it.

should have thought that Davies would get a start?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    should have thought that Davies would get a start?
    I agree Geoff. You’d hope so, at least for half the match...maybe give Tomori a chance to play in front of the back four too.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 29-10-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I agree Geoff. You’d hope so, at least for half the match...maybe give Tomori a chance to play in
    front of the back four too.
    RA I just wish Tomori wasn't playing at all The same with Mount why they are risking him when he went of at Boro is very strange The Brum and Villa games are far more important than keeping the score down at Chelsea

If fit, they will both play. If they don't we will have shot ourselves in the foot with regard to Chelsea after asking if they could play and Chelsea allowing it. Lampard effect or not, they might shy away from further loans..........

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If fit, they will both play. If they don't we will have shot ourselves in the foot with regard to Chelsea
    after asking if they could play and Chelsea allowing it. Lampard effect or not, they might shy away from further loans..........
    Mount has declared himself fit But why take the risk Pretty sure Chelsea wouldn't want us to play one of their players if they are not 100% fit

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Mount has declared himself fit But why take the risk Pretty sure Chelsea wouldn't want us to play one of their players if they are not 100% fit
    I’m with mista on this one. Can’t see how it will upset Chelsea. They agreed to Mount playing long before he was forced off by injury against Boro’ so it’s not being disrespectful of their ‘generosity’ in any way.
    To my way of thinking the Birmingham match is way more important but I understand us wanting to put on a decent show against one of the top three sides in the country...especially on live TV.
    Difficult decision...think we’ll lose 3-1 but I don’t really care so long as we win at the weekend.

Agree with you 100% there rA. We have had our moment of glory in t'Coop - we still aren't going to win it - so why knacker our starters because of some self imposed moral obligation to a club whose third team would probably beat us. Put them both on the bench and give them 10 minutes maybe, but other than that its a chance for the starters to get a break and the support band to try to impress.

Roos
    Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth
    Josefzoon Thorne Bryson (if fit)
    Bennett Nugent Holmes
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 30-10-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)