+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: But for our Chairman.....

We'd probably be run by some local gangsters, still playing at crumbling Millmoor with crowds of under 3000, watching non league football. Going slightly off topic, what happened to that Neil Freeman fellow? Remember him attempting to buy the club from Boothy with a consortium which was said to include Jack Walker's daughter or sumat? It was practically a done deal then Boothy pulled the plug at the last minute.
    I wonder where we'd be now if that deal went through?

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    And we were in no position to take the risks that they did. Secretive Russian owner throwing money at it (against the rules) - I would have been very uneasy with that because lots of clubs have tried similar and failed. They could have easily not got promoted to the Premier, then been stuck with penalties in the Championship and who knows where from then? We must be happy that we don’t haw to fear for the survival of the club for the forseeable future and we have had lots of success too. I’m delighted to be a Rotherham United fan.
    Agree, and don't forget, when Bournemouth get relegated (as they undoubtedly will) they aill be under transfer embargo for two years i think, a rapid drop through the leagues is quite likely...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    We'd probably be run by some local gangsters, still playing at crumbling Millmoor with crowds of under 3000, watching non league football. Going slightly off topic, what happened to that Neil Freeman fellow? Remember him attempting to buy the club from Boothy with a consortium which was said to include Jack Walker's daughter or sumat? It was practically a done deal then Boothy pulled the plug at the last minute.
    Don't know what happened to him but remember being suspicious when he went on Radio Sheffield and said they just needed to dot the t's and cross the i's in the contract

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Don't know what happened to him but remember being suspicious when he went on Radio Sheffield and said they just needed to dot the t's and cross the i's in the contract
    Haven't heard anything on Neil since he hit the headlines in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I heard it was all a publicity stunt Gazza and that he didn't have a pot to p!ss in, and when Boothy found out he closed it down as it was getting silly

I think there was something in it because I met Ronnie and Breck by chance at East Mids Airport years ago and they were off to stay at the Jack Walker's family home or even Neil Freeman's home in Jersey.
    It was about 4 days after we pipped Walsall to stop up even tough we lost 2-3 at their place

As you say Hazza I suspect he didn't have enough money though hence Boothy's closure

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I think there was something in it because I met Ronnie and Breck by chance at East Mids Airport years ago and they were off to stay at the Jack Walker's family home or even Neil Freeman's home in Jersey.
    It was about 4 days after we pipped Walsall to stop up even tough we lost 2-3 at their place

As you say Hazza I suspect he didn't have enough money though hence Boothy's closure
    I remember the Walsall match very well. I think Walsall still had a chance of staying up if other results went for them. The other results didn't go for them so, despite beating us (assisted by a horror show from Martin Butler - who seemed determined to do his old club a favour) they got relegated.
    Freeman was sat in the stand to the left of the away end and was waving to the fans behind the goal, who were chanting his name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12