+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ot Good to see...

ot Good to see...

...the Titans are turning round their fortunes. After a disastrous season last season and a dodgy start this they are now top of the league. I have often noticed a correlation between them doing well and the Millers doing well. I remember a few years back when they got promoted to the prem and we got promoted to the championship and they had a joint civic reception which me and my lad fortunately got tickets to. He was only a titch at the time and although the millers are our first love we ended up on a table with Mike Schmidt and Ramiro Pez to name a few who were true gentlemen. I remember me saying to the rugger lads my lad liked to play on the wing for his junior footy team but wouldn't be much good as a rugger winger because he was too nesh! Mike Schmidt said it wouldn't matter if he couldn't be caught!

Lets hope for a double celebration this year millers staying up and the rugger club back ion the championship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-un...ague-one/table
    Last edited by rolymiller; 29-10-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Roly, this is quite spooky as I have just watched a film called Remember the Titans. I am intrigued by your correlation between the Titans and Millers doing well. Causality is problematic but that said I enjoyed reading your post and it was really nice that they made the effort to encourage your sprog.

Met quite a few of the new team who are very young, their aim was mid table although I think deep down they hoped gel early and compete at the top.

Hope to get to the next game

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    .... I have often noticed a correlation between them doing well and the Millers doing well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-un...ague-one/table
    last season puts a damper on this theory