+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All burnt out.....

All burnt out.....

No im not talking the players im talking about everyone on here!
    Has everyone gone into early hibernation?
    Sounds like after all the hype and promise its all gone a bit sour and people are deciding to turn the otherway almost in denial that the scum have leaped above us while our so called big players have failed time after time wearing the most resilient villa fan into hiding.

Come on you lot, its good to talk!!!!

I'm still here my brother

Thank god for that WCV, i thought i was in the twilight zone!

I'm here as well. I get more excited about the fantasy football these days.
    It's just depressing having a decent side on paper but sadly the team have no balls. No offence lady's on here as it's just a figure of speech.
    Now we have another manager playing people out of position again. The squad is getting older and the plan failed. I guess the plan was to ship a lot out once were in the premiership but some have lost there legs.

The villa have become the most testing of teams to support over the last decade. No ****! It's a hard hard team to follow amd support. Half of me feels like we are at the right level and the other half thinks actually we are lucky not to have done a Leeds, Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland, Wolves, Sunderland etc etc. We could easily be down in league 1 right now so I'm just glad to see us on sky sports every Friday!!!!

Agree with Sam, it's such a fine line between now and suddenly finding ourselves in League One bumbling around muttering something about Rotterdam!?
    I for one am actually enjoying being where we are, being able to watch us probably as regularly as we have done on TV in recent years all with a tinge of excitement for what may lay head , am I alone in that people?
    I certainly with all my heart do not miss the Premiership with all its pomp and ceremony!?

when I was at school. in the early 70's, Villa were a laughing stock, all of our local rivals, including Coventry, were in the 1st division, whilst we languished in the 3rd. The earliest years where I followed the villa religiously, were spent watching 3rd division football. I had no sense of entitlement, I spent all my pocket money on going to the Villa every week. It wasn't just a trip of a few miles, I lived in Lichfield, and had to travel by bus and train to get there. Imagine... Sometimes we were so awful, I remember a foggy game against Fulham where you couldn't see the other end of the pitch from the Holte, it ended 0-0 and I can't remember a single goal scoring opportunity. The point is, I didn't have a choice, Villa were my team and even though i used to go to the Blues every other week, I was never tempted to change my allegiance. I enjoyed going to St. Andrews, because it didn't matter to me if they won or lost... So what's your point old man? Too many fans, nowadays, Think football is blockbuster entertainment, and that footballers should be super heroes. They have ridiculous expectations. So let's take the expectations down a peg or two... We are not Hollywood superstars, but Ken Loach social realism... enjoy the team for what they are...

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    No im not talking the players im talking about everyone on here!
    Has everyone gone into early hibernation?
    Sounds like after all the hype and promise its all gone a bit sour and people are deciding to turn the otherway almost in denial that the scum have leaped above us while our so called big players have failed time after time wearing the most resilient villa fan into hiding.

Come on you lot, its good to talk!!!!
    On the contrary Dave, I’m feeling the most confident since I don’t know when, maybe 10 years. Tis BH weekend over here and we’ve been busy going to the food and drink festival here in Kilkenny. Footy was Friday night (was in the pub) then all weekend eating and drinking. So no time to post, as I’m sure you found whilst in Chicago. It certainly hasn’t gone all sour for me. If is has for you then that’s a shame mate, each to their own.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. DS et al have a lot to do and they finally get some time with the players before Friday night at home to Bolton. Gutted about the Friday switch as we had Flights booked back in September for Saturday. Young Villan has something on at school on Friday afternoon so even if we could afford to exchange we can’t make it.

We are going to concede with what we have at the back, and can do nothing about it till January. So we soldier on and hope that the forwards have used all of their blanks up. At least DS knows what’s needed and doesn’t claim that we’re there or thereabouts, waiting for the daffodils to show,

We have a realistic, exciting management set up, with a squad that has shown that some of them can play a bit.
    Onwards & Upwards.

That's a really nice post Mondaze - that's what football is about, great memories even of pretty bleak times! Kudos to you for your unwavering support and spot on about modern football.

The day a player is bought for a billion pounds is coming - and it'll be about the same time I might start watching rugby league instead!

Also, wanted to say it must be worse beig a Newcastle fan recently. Champions league winning manager who sticks by the club when they get relegated and yet the owner is killing the club. They'll be boinging up and down until Ashley finally goes

You would have passed my station at Wylde Green mondaze. I didn't go in the early 70s but really started following villa in the Atkinson/Ellis out era so I've been a bit spoilt.
    I guess expectations are very high at villa due to our history. Despite the recent negativity I think we're on the right track despite the villa steem engine not moving yet.
    We need to give this new manager time to get some good quality Welsh coal and water.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)