+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Wilson

Undecided. Is he shyte, totaly shyteor complete shyte? One of them but not sure which.

He is probably better than Forrester and Gleeson (remember them?).

Who's this Wilson then? ;-)

Seriously, boatloads of people have been at Manure or City, Bolton ,Wolves, Wigan or any other Premier League team in the North West yet we pick the one that falls over a blade of grass and gets injured!

Despite being elated at the result on Sunday, i am utterly dejected that the youngsters who have worked hard and shown they might have what it takes to be 1st team regulars are languishing on the bench when our team is clearly crying out for some hungry players.
    Especially the ones who have had 1st team time and now see donkeys getting picked ahead of them. We let Rooney go and many said we would regret it. He is banging them in for fun at Salford and if he had stayed and been played properly with GMS and McGinn, i think we would have more goals now than if we played May AND Cosgrove together all season!

But we all know this is the trouble, DM refuses to play players in their best position, instead seemingly getting lucky with his Tombola selection.
    As for Wilson, if he stays injury free (doubtful) then give him a few games IF he looks sharp in training. Otherwise, get Anderson on and Ross back in the team when he's fit, keep Ferguson in and give Mclennan some time and we might just find that bit of bite we are looking for, especially if a clever coach teaches them how to bite like Shinnie but without so many cards!
    THEN we might have some players on our team.

Just my thoughts obviously as we will have to find something from somewhere to beat the other Cheek.

Stand Free.

It wouldn't be such a bad situation if it weren't that we are supposedly paying DNA money for this loan ?
    Or at least that's what we are led to believe. (BS IMO)

There may be a great potential in Wilson , but McInnes & our management team have not the skills to realize this.
    We've seen this with other players

Put him on loan to Killie

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Aye it's nae looking like it's going to be a very fruitful loan deal , for us anyway. Only time I've seen him in the flesh was said Motherwell game which was a good finish but agree it was laid on a plate for him. I'd like to think enquiries are being made just now with a view to bringing in a striker in January. Stevie May , I'm sorry but I just Dinna see a future for him with us, I'm maybe still comparing him to the player I saw many times for St Johnstone and he is clearly a shadow of that these days. I'll nae even start on Cosgrove....
    Hardly laid on a plate. Good pass fae McGinn , but still needed the movement , touch and early strike that usually only a decent natural finisher can supply. Remains to be seen though , whether that was a one-off from Wilson or whether he'll be able to do that more consistently.

I woudn't have bet too much on Adam Rooney being able to provide that sort of finish for us , nowadays. 2-3 years ago aye , but not now.

I don't think Wilson's suited to playing a lone striker role. Needs a partner , and I think May is probably the best bet for that from our current squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He had a thankless task on Sunday. He was in the Rooney role, running around after everything and blowing out his hoop.
    Aye, Sunday was one of our "play one up and p1ss in the wind" days.

He tracked back often and popped up deep a lot, more often than he should've had to bring as he was our "out ball".

Personally hinna seen enough of the boy yet to make the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    It wouldn't be such a bad situation if it weren't that we are supposedly paying DNA money for this loan ?
    Or at least that's what we are led to believe. (BS IMO)

There may be a great potential in Wilson , but McInnes & our management team have not the skills to realize this.
    We've seen this with other players

Put him on loan to Killie
    Why does that matter ? ...if the DNA funds have been used to pay for Wilson , then that's clearly within the scope of how AFC said the DNA funds were going to be used ...part of the footballing operations , I think was the phrase used.

But if the Wilson funds have come from some other income stream .....so what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    In response to your question he has started 5 games (Motherwell, Hibs(cup), celtic, hertz and sevco (cup)) and came on as a sub against Hibs playing a total of 394 minutes scoring 1 goal.

I am also in the undecided camp. He strikes me as the sort of player that likes playing on the "last shoulder" and would have loved having a Madison type player who could play a through ball for him to run onto. He has been and will continue to be totally ineffective to 50 yard punts from our defense. Yet another reason to sign a creative player in the next window
    I knew someone would have the stats! So he has played even less minutes than I guessed - definitely too early to write him off. However, as I said, and as others have said, he's not suited to the lone role up front if we're just punting long balls aimlessly forward. Personally I would persevere with the starting 11 from Saturday (but bring Lowe in for Considine) and see how GMS, McGinn, Wright and Wilson link up together. I think given a few games they might click and form an understanding - if they do, it could be brilliant. My inkling would be though that another injury to Wilson before Christmas will see him head back south in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Why does that matter ? ...if the DNA funds have been used to pay for Wilson , then that's clearly within the scope of how AFC said the DNA funds were going to be used ...part of the footballing operations , I think was the phrase used.

But if the Wilson funds have come from some other income stream .....so what ?
    I'd say It matters if we are spending it on someone possibly not any better than what we usually acquire; seeing as how afc were stating he is of a different quality & only affordable with the DNA money !

James Wilson does not look interested in playing for Aberdeen. At best a disinterested spectator. Actually found myself hoping Cosgrove would replace him on Sunday, then at least we'd have 11 players.

I think Wilson will score tomorrow night

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast