+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James Wilson

We would be better sticking Anderson, McGinn or preferably both up front if we want a chance of scoring goals. Wilson, Cosgrove and May are absolutely not upto it currently so trying something different would certainly be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We would be better sticking Anderson, McGinn or preferably both up front if we want a chance of scoring goals. Wilson, Cosgrove and May are absolutely not upto it currently so trying something different would certainly be worth a try.
    I'm with you regarding May and Cosgrove but not yet on Wilson. The games he hasn't scored have been celtic away, sevco hampden, hertz away and hibs away twice so not the games he will get a bundle of chances especially with our lack of creativity albeit his miss at Tynecastle was poor. I think we will have a much better idea this month after Hamilton and Hibs at home plus Killie and Motherwell away as surely we will create more chances in those games.

Agreed Red Zone.

Do you think it's a result of over praise down south? He was being talked about as the next big thing a while back

I'm not writing him off yet but I can't claim to be encouraged.

In interviews he continually talks about "putting himself in the shop window" yadda, yadda, the clear implication being that he thinks he's too good for Aberdeen and he's just here to prove it.

That would be all well and good if he was proving it, but on evidence to date he's not proved he's good enough to play at our level never mind a higher one.

The boy has already made enough money out of the game to be set up for life. The question is does he love playing the game enough to fight tooth and nail to play at the highest level he possibly can, even if that's nowhere near the level he expected to reach a few seasons back? Not just say the right things and go through the motions but scrap for it, the way youngsters with a less glamorous background have to if they're to make it as pro footballers.

Based on what I've seen so far, ah hae ma doots.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I'm with you regarding May and Cosgrove but not yet on Wilson. The games he hasn't scored have been celtic away, sevco hampden, hertz away and hibs away twice so not the games he will get a bundle of chances especially with our lack of creativity albeit his miss at Tynecastle was poor. I think we will have a much better idea this month after Hamilton and Hibs at home plus Killie and Motherwell away as surely we will create more chances in those games.
    We need him to score against these type of teams also. Surely since he played for Man Utd he wouldn’t come stuck against dross like Hibs, Huns, Hearts and Celtic.
    He isn’t the answer to our goal scoring problems and more like a source of this continuing. McGinn and Anderson would out score any of the three strikers I mentioned if they got a run up front.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post

I woudn't have bet too much on Adam Rooney being able to provide that sort of finish for us , nowadays. 2-3 years ago aye , but not now.

what a load of Boll0x

Hopefully we'll see Wilson paired up with either May or McGinn through the middle tonight, and we can finally begin to see what he is all about.

Signs are not promising though. Get the impression he is protecting that hamstring injury and cant yet go full tilt. Time will tell.

We may just have to tough it out till Jan 1st and apply some squad reshaping then.

Problem being, there is a heck of a lot of league matches before then (isn't there something like 8 league games during December, inc the new year period?)

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Hopefully we'll see Wilson paired up with either May or McGinn through the middle tonight, and we can finally begin to see what he is all about.

Signs are not promising though. Get the impression he is protecting that hamstring injury and cant yet go full tilt. Time will tell.

We may just have to tough it out till Jan 1st and apply some squad reshaping then.

Problem being, there is a heck of a lot of league matches before then (isn't there something like 8 league games during December, inc the new year period?)
    As well as the small matter of a cup final we play at least ten league games before the break, including tonight. The eleventh should be the rearranged Livingston home game, which I thought was fixed for 11 December but that is showing as postponed on both the AFC and SPFL website so not sure what is happening there. They could also force us to squeeze in a twelfth league game for the Dundee home game postponed for the final but only free date would be 18/19 December.

So yes our season will be significantly shaped before we can do anything in the transfer window.

think there is a player there, if he shows nowt in the next 6-8 games then fair enough.
    attitude could be the problem, whether he can be arsed or nae.

For now he would be my starter ahead of May who has been a massive flop, and Cosgrove who will never be a goal scorer.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast