+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: James Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    If DNA money is needed to sign loan w@nkers then it just proves what a shambles we are.

Our manager and chairman are winging it.
    DNA money should be used to sign promising young players such as Lewis Ferguson.
    The £200k for players like that could be increased tenfold.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    If DNA money is needed to sign loan w@nkers then it just proves what a shambles we are.

Our manager and chairman are winging it.
    Hard to disagree with the above

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    How bad was he yesterday?

He was getting torn a new one by Billy Dodds on the radio
    He was the same pesh as he has been since he arrived.
    Send him back doon the road in Janaury we are screaming out for better than him and w@nk stain Cosgrove.

I remember my first thoughts when it was announced we had taken Wilson on loan, and my thoughts then remain the same today and that was who the fk is that and what is he going to bring to the club.

SF

I keep seeing and hearing people say that Wilson is a good footballer. Let's be absolutely clear about this, he is an utter charlatan.

What exactly does he offer? He doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't run in behind, he barely wins any headers and he lacks pace. Worse still, he is soft as sh!te as proved on Saturday when he played tip-tappy rubbish for 40 minutes then took a heavy tackle and was never seen again after half-time. He is fcking stinking and it is utterly galling that we wasted our entire striking budget on him this summer when he has done nothing in his career over any sort of period to merit such investment.

What is worse is that the alternatives are so limited. Cosgrove is so bad it's unbelievable and May's touch is grim and he never gets himself into goal-scoring situations.

We have nothing redeeming up front at all. Anderson is our best bet, but we need to invest seriously - not in loans - in January if we are to avoid mid-table mediocrity.

And as for Considine, that 'display' on Saturday proves beyond doubt that he is completely unsuitable at centre back. I pray Devlin is fit for Sunday as the alternatives there are not worth thinking about. If it comes to it, though, I'd honestly rather we play with 10 men than stick Considine in with McKenna.

Agree totally with the above. I'm at a disadvantage to some of the guys on here though cos I go to the matches so dont get the close ups and replays that they do but heartening to know that they think the same as me.

Not sure what he brings to the team - but he no doubt takes from the club.

I'd give Anderson a run.

Consi can't start on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    I keep seeing and hearing people say that Wilson is a good footballer. Let's be absolutely clear about this, he is an utter charlatan.

What exactly does he offer? He doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't run in behind, he barely wins any headers and he lacks pace. Worse still, he is soft as sh!te as proved on Saturday when he played tip-tappy rubbish for 40 minutes then took a heavy tackle and was never seen again after half-time. He is fcking stinking and it is utterly galling that we wasted our entire striking budget on him this summer when he has done nothing in his career over any sort of period to merit such investment.

What is worse is that the alternatives are so limited. Cosgrove is so bad it's unbelievable and May's touch is grim and he never gets himself into goal-scoring situations.

We have nothing redeeming up front at all. Anderson is our best bet, but we need to invest seriously - not in loans - in January if we are to avoid mid-table mediocrity.

And as for Considine, that 'display' on Saturday proves beyond doubt that he is completely unsuitable at centre back. I pray Devlin is fit for Sunday as the alternatives there are not worth thinking about. If it comes to it, though, I'd honestly rather we play with 10 men than stick Considine in with McKenna.
    Hard to argue with any of the above. Well said.

You've covered the attack and defense. Lets add the midfield - Forrester and Tansey shouldn't see the light of day again in AFC shirts. Gleason might, looks decent, but looks like a huge waste of a wage.

January will be interesting. However, I fully expect the "I don't expect to be busy in Jan" line from DM, around about this time next week

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Agree totally with the above. I'm at a disadvantage to some of the guys on here though cos I go to the matches so dont get the close ups and replays that they do but heartening to know that they think the same as me.

Not sure what he brings to the team - but he no doubt takes from the club.

I'd give Anderson a run.

Consi can't start on Sunday.
    Anderson - Not a chance. Doesnt even get a start against lower opposition, thus DM ain't going to have faith in him for a cup final. Doesn't suit DM's Celtic game tactics of just soaking up pressure and trying to grab something. I personally would start him after the abject performances from our strikers, but it wont happen. He would at least hassle the defenders and run his socks off.

I agree, Considine shouldn't start, but unless Devlin is fit, he will. If his name is in the starting lineup along with Ball and Cosgrove, we will be ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I agree, Considine shouldn't start, but unless Devlin is fit, he will. If his name is in the starting lineup along with Ball and Cosgrove, we will be ****ed.
    Look guys, we’d better get used to the fact Considine will be starting Sunday whether Devlin is fit or not.

Hun DMC likes his height. He’s said so himself. He was bleating about a lack of height at the weekend. Timothy are a big team so Considine is playing - 100% guaranteed.

Just have to hope the Honey Monster falls down the stairs this week as on his current form he’s gonna destroy our plodding pretendy left back.

Re Wilson, have to agree with the above. Nothing but a big time Charlie who does have talent and could make a career for himself if he knuckles down - but who clearly thinks he’s way better than he is, and certainly thinks he’s way better than having to lower himself to try a leg for s’hite like us.

Poster boy for the pampered, preening spice boy EPL types who are set for life without having had to do a f’uckin thing in their lives to earn it.

Who’d have thought he’d have a s’hite attitude and fold like a cheap suit at the first robust challenge up here. Another Hun DMC poor decision.

Lower league Nigel mediocrity beckons for this fanny - not that he will give a flying f’uck as he poses in his jacuzzi counting his cash...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Just have to hope the Honey Monster falls down the stairs this week as on his current form he’s gonna destroy our plodding pretendy left back.
    I watched a bit of the Hamilton game on sat and the switched winger. So if they do that, not only will our makey up LB will be tortured our actual RB will too going by his forgetting the basics of defending on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Hard to argue with any of the above. Well said.

You've covered the attack and defense. Lets add the midfield - Forrester and Tansey shouldn't see the light of day again in AFC shirts. Gleason might, looks decent, but looks like a huge waste of a wage.

January will be interesting. However, I fully expect the "I don't expect to be busy in Jan" line from DM, around about this time next week
    Unfortunately the club has these duds on a contract, so nothing much will happen in the next transfer window, as the wages bill is tied up. Some amount of jessies / recovering from a cruciate injury players in the side. As for Wilson - told you so. Maybe he will come to life in the final. Maybe...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast