+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: James Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    To be a striker in our current team requires two things;

The speed of Usain Bolt to chase aimless punts and also to be 7’10” tall.
    Even if we found someone at 7'10, they'd lose 3' jumping like all the other strikers we've had.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Wilson is the best player at our club. It's
    not working out for him in this team though. The smart money is on loan termination in January.
    If that is true the the manager needs to set up to accomodate him.

I was watching the warm up yesterday and i can bet you nobody can hit the ball harder than him. Unbelievable power. But he cant do that if hes getting midfield avoiding balls leathered up to him 10 foot in the air

A playmaker capable of finding a decent pass through to him would make a fair bit of difference. Cue Kenny McLean loan Jan 1st. Perhaps Wilson could accommodate us a little until then by upping his work-rate and timing his runs with what we’ve got just now - anticipating long punts rather than jogging around like a gazelle in slow motion.

Stephen O’Donnell would make for a fine replacement if Logan’s form becomes more patchy.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 05-11-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Jordan Jones may have bigger prospective suitors laying in wake, but we should at least make him an offer in January to consider.

Yes we should. Good player.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Wilson is the best player at our club.
    Is that you James? fit like?

Sorry to burst you bubble Mr Wilson but you are most certainly NOT!!! the best player at our club, not by a long shot.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Is that you James? fit like?

Sorry to burst you bubble Mr Wilson but you are most certainly NOT!!! the best player at our club, not by a fluffed shot.

SF
    Fixed it for you lad.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Fixed it for you lad.

More than one fluffed shot pal.

SF

Had a very poor match last night. Time for him to be dropped and giving our own players a chance. Step up Bruce Anderson, he deserves a starting slot in the next match. We cannot afford to carry any passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Had a very poor match last night. Time for him to be dropped and giving our own players a chance. Step up Bruce Anderson, he deserves a starting slot in the next match. We cannot afford to carry any passengers.
    Agree that he wasn't great last night, but I still think he's the best striker we have at the club just now so I'd start him - he's still not had many consecutive games. If we continue with 2 up front I'd imagine Anderson will get 20-30 mins most games replacing either Wilson or May, or maybe at some point starting alongside one of them.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast