+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: James Wilson

James Wilson

Think I have seen enough now to be of the opinion that he's sh1te.
    What are the thoughts of our fellow sheep?
    For me he showed a wee bit of promise with his 6th minute goal against Motherwell, but it was almost handed to him on plate with a brilliant pass From McGinn and apart from that 1 single minute he has pretty much delivered the square root of fk all.
    His one shot against hearts from 8 yards out a "striker" should be hitting the target (it was woeful) his sclaffed shanked attempt againts the huns on sunday was actually quite funny, and gets more embarrassing and funny anytime you watch it. And until that sclaff most of us was not even aware he was on the park ffs.
    Looks like yet again another failure of a brainfart signing, and although I am not the biggest fan of Stevie May I think May is a better option than Wilson, to be fair to May he runs about and makes a nuisance of himself, but sadly thats not the only thing a striker is supposed to do.
    January window is going to be critical for us this season, its simply a must to get some spark into the engine of the team and someone who can consistently pass a ball to someone with the same coulour of shirt on, and someone who can score goals. because out of three first team choices DM currently uses none of the three of them are going to deliver goals, and Wilson appears to be just a fanny that a broken finger nail would sidleline him for a few weeks

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Think I have seen enough now to be of the opinion that he's sh1te.
    What are the thoughts of our fellow sheep?
    For me he showed a wee bit of promise with his 6th minute goal against Motherwell, but it was almost handed to him on plate with a brilliant pass From McGinn and apart from that 1 single minute he has pretty much delivered the square root of fk all.
    His one shot against hearts from 8 yards out a "striker" should be hitting the target (it was woeful) his sclaffed shanked attempt againts the huns on sunday was actually quite funny, and gets more embarrassing and funny anytime you watch it. And until that sclaff most of us was not even aware he was on the park ffs.
    Looks like yet again another failure of a brainfart signing, and although I am not the biggest fan of Stevie May I think May is a better option than Wilson, to be fair to May he runs about and makes a nuisance of himself, but sadly thats not the only thing a striker is supposed to do.
    January window is going to be critical for us this season, its simply a must to get some spark into the engine of the team and someone who can consistently pass a ball to someone with the same coulour of shirt on, and someone who can score goals. because out of three first team choices DM currently uses none of the three of them are going to deliver goals, and Wilson appears to be just a fanny that a broken finger nail would sidleline him for a few weeks

SF
    Course he is he scored 2 for Man Utd years ago and what’s he done since then nothing. Out on loan in championship not really scored a lot. Probably thought he could come up here and score a load of goals and get either of Celtic or the rangers to offer him another £30 grand a week contact

Partly agree and partly still undecided on Wilson...

Some of the statisticians on the forum will be able to tell us how many minutes he's actually played, but I don't think it's many - in total i'd be surprised if he's played more than 450 mins (5 games worth of action) for us. On that basis I think it is a little early to write him off. I would also say that it's hard to criticise him for his performance v Rangers because he had literaly zero service - I can't think of a single occasion when a decent pass was played to him in the final third. The big punts up the park didn't even go anywhere near him all day so you could argue that he didn't have much chance to do anything.

My feelings are - 1) he's better than Cosgrove and May by a long way. 2) he's got good control and links the play fairly well. 3) he does at least want to get a shot away. 4) he is going to be unfit more often than he is fit. 5) for that reason he's unlikely to get a consecutive run in the team, therefore his fitness and confidence will probably not improve.

My prediction... he'll pick up another injury before Christmas and head back down the road in January. We'll bring in another striker who may work out and may not. The two we have at present - Cosgrove and May - will still be here until the summer, but neither will score more than 5 goals all season (probably won't score 5 between them). Bruce Anderson will make the odd 10-15 minute appearance from the bench and might pick up one or two more goals, but we will have paid the price for not giving him more game time when he was on fire at the start of the season. We will spend the season drawing 0-0, losing 1-0, or grinding out 1-0 wins through set pieces and the occasional bit of magic from GMS or McGinn.

Aye it's nae looking like it's going to be a very fruitful loan deal , for us anyway. Only time I've seen him in the flesh was said Motherwell game which was a good finish but agree it was laid on a plate for him. I'd like to think enquiries are being made just now with a view to bringing in a striker in January. Stevie May , I'm sorry but I just Dinna see a future for him with us, I'm maybe still comparing him to the player I saw many times for St Johnstone and he is clearly a shadow of that these days. I'll nae even start on Cosgrove....

Agree re Bruce Anderson, why the loon never got a run of games after coming on to score against sevco I'll never know. Confidence would've been sky high but instead he continued to warm the bench . He came on and missed a sitter in the Motherwell game, bench warming does more harm than good to players confidence, particularly strikers , then you've got Cosgrove....how many starts did he get before he eventually scored. No rhyme nor reason .....

Does anyone know what we are paying him

He had a thankless task on Sunday. He was in the Rooney role, running around after everything and blowing out his hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Does anyone know what we are paying him
    far too much i surmise

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Partly agree and partly still undecided on Wilson...

Some of the statisticians on the forum will be able to tell us how many minutes he's actually played, but I don't think it's many - in total i'd be surprised if he's played more than 450 mins (5 games worth of action) for us. On that basis I think it is a little early to write him off. I would also say that it's hard to criticise him for his performance v Rangers because he had literaly zero service - I can't think of a single occasion when a decent pass was played to him in the final third. The big punts up the park didn't even go anywhere near him all day so you could argue that he didn't have much chance to do anything.

My feelings are - 1) he's better than Cosgrove and May by a long way. 2) he's got good control and links the play fairly well. 3) he does at least want to get a shot away. 4) he is going to be unfit more often than he is fit. 5) for that reason he's unlikely to get a consecutive run in the team, therefore his fitness and confidence will probably not improve.

My prediction... he'll pick up another injury before Christmas and head back down the road in January. We'll bring in another striker who may work out and may not. The two we have at present - Cosgrove and May - will still be here until the summer, but neither will score more than 5 goals all season (probably won't score 5 between them). Bruce Anderson will make the odd 10-15 minute appearance from the bench and might pick up one or two more goals, but we will have paid the price for not giving him more game time when he was on fire at the start of the season. We will spend the season drawing 0-0, losing 1-0, or grinding out 1-0 wins through set pieces and the occasional bit of magic from GMS or McGinn.
    In response to your question he has started 5 games (Motherwell, Hibs(cup), celtic, hertz and sevco (cup)) and came on as a sub against Hibs playing a total of 394 minutes scoring 1 goal.

I am also in the undecided camp. He strikes me as the sort of player that likes playing on the "last shoulder" and would have loved having a Madison type player who could play a through ball for him to run onto. He has been and will continue to be totally ineffective to 50 yard punts from our defense. Yet another reason to sign a creative player in the next window

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    In response to your question he has started 5 games (Motherwell, Hibs(cup), celtic, hertz and sevco (cup)) and came on as a sub against Hibs playing a total of 394 minutes scoring 1 goal.

I am also in the undecided camp. He strikes me as the sort of player that likes playing on the "last shoulder" and would have loved having a Madison type player who could play a through ball for him to run onto. He has been and will continue to be totally ineffective to 50 yard punts from our defense. Yet another reason to sign a creative player in the next window
    I think so as well.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast