+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 0/T What's your feel good song?

0/T What's your feel good song?

We're carrying a few music themes of late with Big Lad with his Northern Soul and IBS with your favourite movie sondtrack so, I thought I'd throw this in to the mix.

What's your all time favourite all time 'pick me up' song that makes you day brighter, gives you lift or simply reminds you of better times in your life.

As a kid I always recall this one and it has stayed with me forever. Not anyone's taste I know but, it's my personal pick me up......what's yours?

https://youtu.be/xqOMuR5Z530

Going loco down in Acapulco four tops.
    Living on a prayer Bon jovi.
    Summer of 69 Bryan Adams.
    Dancing Queen ABBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Going loco down in Acapulco four tops.
    Living on a prayer Bon jovi.
    Summer of 69 Bryan Adams.
    Dancing Queen ABBA
    Pocket, great variation pal. Each to their own.

https://youtu.be/axmpxbtzSZY.

JMT .. PHILLY USA ..UNDERGROUND HIPHOP

White man in Hammersmith Palais The Clash. Always used to play it Saturday night before going out.

Most Chuck Berry songs do it for me, especially 'Sweet little six****'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Pocket, great variation pal. Each to their own.
    It’s amazing how we’re influenced by our parents.
    My mum loved ABBA.
    The song you picked Brin my mum used to love it she was an old romantic and listened to it a lot really took me back watching the video so thanks for that pal nice reminiscing moment.
    I like Billy Oceans red light and would always have it on in the car and both my boys like it now even though they don’t admit it.

I've thought this over, Brin, and I honestly can't pick a single song. It varies too much with mood. Sometimes it will be something from my ****s - Motown or The Drifters - sometimes a fifties track, eg Silhouettes on the Shade. Quite often I find some Americana does the trick - Lorena, Buffalo Girls, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, Streets of Laredo, Golden Slippers. Louis Armstrong, On the Sunny Side of the Street, is a great lifter of mood as is Kenneth McKellar singing Silent Worship by Handel. Other times it might have to be something Irish like Carrickfergus or Molly Malone. And if I'm thinking of people long gone then John McCormack, I Hear You Calling is just the ticket - even if a tad gloomy.

Monty, I get your point on the mood and timing feeling. Come to think of it, I suppose there’s a plethora of tracks that lift my day but the one I posted ranks very high for me personally.

You posted a varied range there and I’m sure you could think of more. You’ve got me at it again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Monty, I get your point on the mood and timing feeling. Come to think of it, I suppose there’s a plethora of tracks that lift my day but the one I posted ranks very high for me personally.

You posted a varied range there and I’m sure you could think of more. You’ve got me at it again now.
    Brin, it's a very interesting topic and to me it has some different nuances. For instance there are tracks that I very strongly associate with periods in my life; stuff they played at the Charade or Motown tracks my first girlfriend played etc and when I hear these it takes me straight back. And then there are other songs that always give me a lift even though they don't have strong past associations. Unfortunately I've now got a couple of songs going round and round in my head!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast