+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 0/T What's your feel good song?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Brin, it's a very interesting topic and to me it has some different nuances. For instance there are tracks that I very strongly associate with periods in my life; stuff they played at the Charade or Motown tracks my first girlfriend played etc and when I hear these it takes me straight back. And then there are other songs that always give me a lift even though they don't have strong past associations. Unfortunately I've now got a couple of songs going round and round in my head!
    I all ways associate Big D Erwin’s Would you like to swing on a star with the Charade.

Hold tight ,Dave Dee,Dozy,beaky, mick & Tich.This was my very first record I bought.I used to buy albums just for a certain track now I’ve over a thousand vinyl albums.Music is a big part of my life & like monty says I can drift back to all the place I first heard that song.I used to love sitting in our old rocking chair headphones on ,open coal fire,lights off,bottle of port listening to War off the Worlds full blast.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 31-10-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles

I have two feel good songs. Your the best by Joe Esposito and go the distance by Michael Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I have two feel good songs. Your the best by Joe Esposito and go the distance by Michael Bolton.
    Comes a cross a bit ***ual that silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Comes a cross a bit ***ual that silly.
    It what way? 😯

Every time I hear Sunchyme by Dario G it takes me back to that great day in april 1997 when we realised all our dreams .

This track was riding high in the charts at the time and seemingly played in every town centre pub following the game and well in to the night .

Born to run. Bruce Springs**** and the E street band.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Brin, it's a very interesting topic and to me it has some different nuances. For instance there are tracks that I very strongly associate with periods in my life; stuff they played at the Charade or Motown tracks my first girlfriend played etc and when I hear these it takes me straight back. And then there are other songs that always give me a lift even though they don't have strong past associations. Unfortunately I've now got a couple of songs going round and round in my head!
    Monty, it raised a wry smile when you mentioned girlfriends and old tracks. I can relate to Motown, Luther Vandross, Barry White etc playing playing in the background while we.......

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Monty, it raised a wry smile when you mentioned girlfriends and old tracks. I can relate to Motown, Luther Vandross, Barry White etc playing playing in the background while we.......
    Usually things with chimey guitars - so the early Byrds stuff will do it: 'Mr Tambourine Man', Turn, Turn, Turn etc.

****age Beach Boys songs like ' I Get Around' and 'Fun, Fun Fun'

The Eagles 'Take It Easy'

The Gin Blossoms 'Til I Hear It From You'

The more you think, the more there are...

To Monty's point, I haven't even got onto the stuff that takes me back to emotional high and low points and other mood swings...!.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast