+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Rhubarb

FAO Rhubarb

You have a private message (at this rate my private life is screwed and my inbox jammed....if I had one in the first place, life that is)

Can I just add for the attention of Rhubarb as that thread is locked, don't be telling what the left think the poppy is equated to. I'm left leaning but still recognise the sacrifice everyday men on the street gave including my own family so I can live how I do. Sick of all this left and right bull****, everyone is their own person, not everything is black and white. Only Notts should be.

Great post, Nutty Knuckles. Brevity is the soul of your wit.

That locked poppy thread proves, as we're constantly told on this forum, that a lot of people in this country are desperate to be offended nowadays.

Perfectly put. Even those whose family did not fight should appreciate the sacrifices made so that we have the lives today.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Can I just add for the attention of Rhubarb as that thread is locked, don't be telling what the left think the poppy is equated to. I'm left leaning but still recognise the sacrifice everyday men on the street gave including my own family so I can live how I do. Sick of all this left and right bull****, everyone is their own person, not everything is black and white. Only Notts should be.
    TBH, I thought the whole thread was slightly bizarre and certainly not in the spirit of Remembrance Day...I did not intervene until people started to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    That locked poppy thread proves, as we're constantly told on this forum, that a lot of people in this country are desperate to be offended nowadays.
    I locked the thread to stop BFP from taking further part (I had not banned him at that point)....I was trying to speak to him on Private Messages (as instructed) but he basically told me to "do one, and never try it again....he wasn't going to speak to me there"

He will be back in 14 days, I assume he will see it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Perfectly put. Even those whose family did not fight should appreciate the sacrifices made so that we have the lives today.
    Agreed...my father did 25 years including 3 tours of Northern Ireland and a fair bit of time in the Belize jungle, during their "phony war" with Guatemala....both my Grandfathers were captured in WW11, including the "Beech" grandfather being in the joint surrender of Singapore and sent off to build the Burma Railroad where thousands literally starved to death.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    The guy was obviously trolling, but unfortunately there are people who actually agree with what he was saying - The constantly offended brigade get on my wick, but changing the historical significance of the poppy really scrapes the bottom of the barrel...