+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Memorabilia

Football Memorabilia

Now that my step daughter has flown the nest animal's just got the all important thumbs up from his gaffer to claim her bedroom as his long awaited man cave .

I've always had an interest in football memorabilia especially of course the BFC variety .

I'm not talking about the key ring , coasters and genearal tack , proper old stuff , classy you might say .

Because we are a small club this stuff isn't easy to come by so I'm collecting some England memorabilia too .

Just seen a autographed black n white picture in a frame of Martin Peters scoring the second goal in the 66 world cup from an approved and reputable dealer , decent size too and at £40 seems a decent price for a very good piece of history .

Think I'll buy it .

A winners medal from the 1912 FA cup final would be my dream bit of memorabilia or even a losers medal from 1910 , rare and extremely expensive I would imagine .

Just football Animal ? I've got a few different one's in my collection , golf, boxing ,Horse racing Inc a signed painting of Tommy Stack winning the Grand National on Red Rum , interesting hobby , didn't Patrick Cryne buy a Barnsley FC 1912 cup winners medal a few years back ? Or am I mistaken

I've got a signed 71-2 season Tottenham poster. My Dad was mates with the Knowles' younger brother and played football for Fitzy at the time.

Also got home and away match programmes from Uefa Cup final 71-72. Tottenham v Wolves. Until 2009 it was only all english European final.

I must have been to thousands of Barnsley games over the years and never saved or ever bought any programs. But during our Premier League season I bought and still have every Home Game Programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Just football Animal ? I've got a few different one's in my collection , golf, boxing ,Horse racing Inc a signed painting of Tommy Stack winning the Grand National on Red Rum , interesting hobby , didn't Patrick Cryne buy a Barnsley FC 1912 cup winners medal a few years back ? Or am I mistaken
    I believe that he bought quite a few. He didnt actually quite achieve his ambition of reuniting all of them, but I THINK, I read he got at least eight... I may be wrong. I’m sure I read it shortly after he died that it was his wish to find them.
    Perhaps someone can ask/confirm it.

I have a Premier League shirt signed by Redders.
    Last edited by Jules88; 31-10-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Well that's a good point because I like a variety of sport , tennis , golf , rugby league / union so there's plenty to go at .

I'm not really into replica shirts in a frame , could possibly make an exception for a King Ronnie shirt or a Macca with the autograph .

I think it's a case of if I like it , it means summat to be me personally and it's affordable then I'll probably buy it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well that's a good point because I like a variety of sport , tennis , golf , rugby league / union so there's plenty to go at .

I'm not really into replica shirts in a frame , could possibly make an exception for a King Ronnie shirt or a Macca with the autograph .

I think it's a case of if I like it , it means summat to be me personally and it's affordable then I'll probably buy it .
    I've got a few bits Animal,Programs mostly, I won the raffle in the Legends suite a few years ago and the prize was a collection of photographs from the start of the club (first is Barnsley St Peters team photo late 1800's) through various promotions and famous victories to later ones such as Clint scoring against Bradford, Redders against West Ham and Nick Colgan saving his penalty against Swansea. It's a one off and won't be going on ebay anytime soon !!

Also got one of the signed team shirts that bore a poppy emblem in 2014 to commemorate 100 years since the start of WW1.
    Wonder if they'll do similar to commemorate the end ? Be nice to have a matching pair.

Poppys were falling off some of last seasons shirts during the match ,
    a think they auction them now , proceeds to British Legion