+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamilton Roll Call And Sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Or be quiet for a few days
    Nah, good result and needed too.

Bit of a head of steam going into sunday which will be tough

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    The usual suspects will be on to tell us thats its only hamilton we beat...

The usual suspects will be on to tell us that the usual suspects will be on to tell us its only hamilton we beat...

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Agree ... Ah thought Scott Wright put in a crackin shift as well. Ah really hope there's some possibility o' keepin Max Lowe beyond the loan term .... looks tae me the kind o' player ye need in wi the foundations o' a solid core tae build on. Keep him on the team sheet Deek min
    2 assists from Wright last night,much better performance from him than last Sunday.

Just saw highlights, cracking strike fae Wilson. Hopefully we kick on now and get some consistency going in the league, we do usually go on decent runs at this time of year . Sterner test ahead on Sunday though .

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I won’t let you down then...Hamilton are absolute dross. They hardly press the ball and once they lost the first goal (a bit like the huns ) the game is done.
    We passed the ball about decent enough tonight but not particularly great. We will need to up our final touches in the box against the better teams in the league.
    Saying that, I will say well done we got the 3 points, no one got injured and we weren’t exactly hard pushed. A wins a win and I will take that any time as such.
    oh the pain of trying to sound slightly positive.

Important win especially with a few teams above us dropping points albeit Hamilton were mince. Is it churlish to say that slightly disappointed we only scored 3 and didn't do more to help our goal difference? Partly due to our painfully slow build up play at times and the obsession with working the ball back to Lewis from healthy attacking positions. We looked far more threatening when we got the ball forward without 25 square passes across the defence. Mind you would have taken 3-0 before the match

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    oh the pain of trying to sound slightly positive.
    Very very true. We should really be scoring at least 5 against a poor Hamilton team. McInnes is a fud playing 2 sitting midfielders against Hamilton who pose no threat whatsoever.
    That is the worst Hamilton team I have seen since they have been in the top flight so let’s not get carried away and pretend we are now a very decent side. We are still in the bottom six!
    Hope that is a bit reality for you chap.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes is a fud playing 2 sitting midfielders against Hamilton who pose no threat whatsoever.
    did you actually watch the game or looking for any excuse to be negative?

Who was the two sitting midfielders?
    Who were the scorers?
    Facts show that one of those siting midfielders popped up in the 7th minute to open the scoring.

Where were the sitting midfielders when Devlin strode forward and scored?
    Same with Logan's shot?

Ferguson actually sat the deepest and fulfilled the role we badly missed on Sunday (and was very decent at it), of recycling the ball.

On to other aspects of the match, what's your viewpoint on the subs and timings.
    May for Wright
    Anderson for Wilson
    McLennan for GMS.

Do you think we should have kept our strongest team on the park to maybe get another goal or two rather than give these guys gametime and keep the subbed players a little more refreshed for the weekend?

I dunno why but I find my self getting annoyed by the phrase 'recycling the ball'

Good performance against a fairly poor team - it was the kind of performance and win we should be expecting against teams like that, but that said you still have to turn up and do it, which we did, so fair play to the boys and to McInnes.

We actually passed the ball around and tried to play football - we are so much better when we do that than when we're lumping it long to nobody. I thought it allowed players like McGinn, Wright and Wilson to get much more involved. GMS was relatively quiet by his standards, but I thought all 4 attacking players did enough to warrant another few games up front to develop their partnerships and understanding. We have a solid and settled defence already and I think these 4 could be a dangerous attack if they're given a few games together. The beauty of it is the 3 behind Wilson can switch positions throughout the game to mix things up for the opposition.

One thing I didn't like too much was that Wright seemed to be playing as a make-shift left back at times whilst Lowe was up on the left wing or wandering about in the centre. It didn't matter much as we were so far ahead last night, but against better teams we'll get punished for that as Wright isn't positionally aware of what's required in that defensive role.

Seems like Gleeson and Forrester's days are numbered and that McInnes is determined to persevere with May who did okay when he came on but still never looked like scoring - I'd probably have preferred to see Anderson on earlier with May just getting the last 10 mins.

Kilmarnock on Sunday will be a tough game - hopefully we can string a few more results together though.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast