+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike riders on the pavement

Bike riders on the pavement

My twin brother was out running on Friday and a speeding bike rode into breaking my brothers shoulder and just rode off. He is now off work for 6 weeks.
    My brother runs 10 mile a day, not bad for someone who is 65 in December.

They are a nuisance both on the pavement and on the road. They pay no heed to the Highway Code, especially the bit about stopping at red lights.
    I'm being a bit harsh. I reckon it's only 93% who break the code.
    Best of luck to your brother.

I’m out each afternoon doing half your brother’s distance Lloyd around the lanes of Chaddesley Corbett and I come across these morons on a daily basis.

The t w a t s on the racing bikes are almost as dangerous as the fools in the cars and vans.

They come tearing down the lanes at crazy speeds without a thought for people enjoying a bit of exercise and for people with kids who are going between the various trails.

I’ve seen a van almost wipe out a lady crossing the lanes on her horse.

Strangely the farmers in their trackers and big equipment are some of the rudest most ignorant t w a t s I come across and they really take the p I s s with their speed.

The lanes are awash each day with doggers,I also mentioned I saw two male Asian taxi drivers enjoying a blow job just into the woods a few months ago and every day there are the same cars parked up doing drug deals and smoking weed,these drugged up t o s s e r s then drive off while completely off their t I t s.

When I reported the drug situation to the lady policeman on horseback she just laughed out loud and said “ I know “!!

The police are a waste of space.

Hi thanks for the reply's. It happend on Friday he only told me this evening, didn't want his younger brother (10 minutes to worry)
    Was in Bilston town this morning and was thinking somebody is going to get hurt with this bikes going through the town centre ,little did i know about my brother.
    I guess in one way he was lucky, he could injured his brain or worse still.

Couldn't agree more about the 'waste of space' cops. When a low level crime is committed these days then all you'll get is a crime number. Im sure the visibility of the police on the beat would act as some kind of deterrent, but now the only place you'll find a cop is down mcdonalds stuffing his fat face.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Couldn't agree more about the 'waste of space' cops. When a low level crime is committed these days then all you'll get is a crime number. Im sure the visibility of the police on the beat would act as some kind of deterrent, but now the only place you'll find a cop is down mcdonalds stuffing his fat face.
    The copper I reported the drugs situation to was on her horse in official police gear in the lane I told her the activity was takening place on and she just laughs and says “ I know “.

What chance have we got with this level of moron in the police!?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m out each afternoon doing half your brother’s distance Lloyd around the lanes of Chaddesley Corbett and I come across these morons on a daily basis.

The t w a t s on the racing bikes are almost as dangerous as the fools in the cars and vans.

They come tearing down the lanes at crazy speeds without a thought for people enjoying a bit of exercise and for people with kids who are going between the various trails.

I’ve seen a van almost wipe out a lady crossing the lanes on her horse.

Strangely the farmers in their trackers and big equipment are some of the rudest most ignorant t w a t s I come across and they really take the p I s s with their speed.

The lanes are awash each day with doggers,I also mentioned I saw two male Asian taxi drivers enjoying a blow job just into the woods a few months ago and every day there are the same cars parked up doing drug deals and smoking weed,these drugged up t o s s e r s then drive off while completely off their t I t s.

When I reported the drug situation to the lady policeman on horseback she just laughed out loud and said “ I know “!!

The police are a waste of space.
    Have you considered jogging elsewhere? It doesn't sound a very healthy place for an old boy like yourself Mick.

Is it me or does it seem that so many cyclists that cause issues on the roads seem to be angry middle aged men? We have loads of these Lycra clad warriors passing through the village I live in every Sunday morning and they are a complete pain in the a**. There are often several dozen of them who ride 3 abreast, they block country lanes so cars cannot pass and generally seem to have a very militant attitude towards non cyclists. So many are quick to cite drivers making errors whilst blatantly ignoring basic road manners themselves. The sooner they bring this dangerous cycling law in the better which I believe is under discussion after that arrogant cycle courier killed that woman in London showing zero remorse. I hope he’s getting everything coming to him in prison😳

I was getting in my car which was parked in the street a few months back and nearly got hit by some dipstick riding on the pavement- a forty something bloke dressed in the lycra, sunglasses etc etc. They only ever give abuse when they’re passing you at speed, they never stop to say it to your face. Funny that! I actually went after him and caught up with him and would have happily ripped him a new one but common sense got the better as he had a helmet cam so I left it but I can only agree with previous comments about these self righteous morons.

I have done a lot of cycling over recent years (recreational not commuting) and would agree that there are some, but not many, arrogant riders. The Problem is car and van drivers. The standard of driving is appalling and to my mind, the blame for the hostility between car/van drivers lies squarely with those on four wheels, many of whom have probably never ridden a bicycle. I have been riding along roads, usually alone, so not ‘obstructing’ people who can’t be delayed for more than two seconds, and been sworn at, been spat at and had things thrown at me. Add to that the idiots that either don’t look or don’t care and pull out across ones path. So, to those who think that cyclists are a menace, I say take off your blinkers, use some common sense and get out on a bike and see for yourselves how many @rseholes there are behind steering wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Have you considered jogging elsewhere? It doesn't sound a very healthy place for an old boy like yourself Mick.
    That’s easy to say Chris but it’d involve a 3-4 mile car journey back to where I used to live because between where I live now and Stourbridge surrounds there are very few pavements and almost no street lights.

I’m careful and respectful whilst out doing my exercise and I hug the edge of the lane so as not to inconvenience motorists but a lot of these morons have no regard for others and drive too fast and under the influence.

The stink of weed from some parked cars and others driving past is unbelievable,any copper worth their salt could pick up six convictions in the hour I’m in that lane.

The “dogging” wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t involve male Asians giving each other “hand shandy’s” and blow jobs!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)