+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea match report

Chelsea match report

Defeated but not bowed! ...... and why did we get done by yet another crap decision?

Two ridiculous own goals that counted for them, two cracking goals to get us level..... twice and then we should have had a free kick but they got a throw and the ball reached Fabregas who fired home...... via the outside of Tomori's left boot which deflected the ball past Carson when it was, originally heading straight at him.

Insane first half. Rather more sober 2nd half. Overall we had 30% possession yet still had 2 more shots on target than them. One from Marriott was parried into the air and dropped just a couple of inches over the bar. Another from Nuge hit the inside of the far post and bounced up into the grateful arms of their keeper.

A good performance against what was a very good Chelsea side despite their missing a few first choice players they still had an XI of full internationals.

Nothing but pride for the lads.

Carson 7 - No mistakes. A couple of decent saves and some good distribution

Bogle 5 - Not very good in attack nor defence tonight. Young lad who, IMO, needs a rest

Keogh 8 - Solid as a rock both in defence and going forward.

Tomori 7 - had a good game with that OG and just maybe their 3rd should have been his as well

Malone 6 - Adequate but no more than that

Wilson 5 - quiet all night

Huddlestone - 8.5 - Best man for me both going forwards and backwards

Mount 6 - quietest game in a Derby shirt

Waghorn 6 - scored but not as effective off the ball as he has been

Marriott 7 - scored one, might have had another 2

Lawrence 6 - Not really creative, can't remember a shot from him and someone has to teach him how to tackle as 9 out of every 10 attempted tackles are fouls.

‘Glorious failure’ they called it on Sky, about right. Looked like being overrun at times but each time we came back and actually finished the stronger.
    Bit generous to Hudds I think MA and I thought Mount grew into the game. Thought Marriott was excellent and ultimately we were unlucky not to take it to penalties.
    Do really hope they’re not knackered for Saturday...tricky and important game.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Defeated but not bowed! ...... and why did we get done by yet another crap decision?

Two ridiculous own goals that counted for them, two cracking goals to get us level..... twice and then we should have had a free kick but they got a throw and the ball reached Fabregas who fired home...... via the outside of Tomori's left boot which deflected the ball past Carson when it was, originally heading straight at him.

Insane first half. Rather more sober 2nd half. Overall we had 30% possession yet still had 2 more shots on target than them. One from Marriott was parried into the air and dropped just a couple of inches over the bar. Another from Nuge hit the inside of the far post and bounced up into the grateful arms of their keeper.

A good performance against what was a very good Chelsea side despite their missing a few first choice players they still had an XI of full internationals.

Nothing but pride for the lads.

Carson 7 - No mistakes. A couple of decent saves and some good distribution

Bogle 5 - Not very good in attack nor defence tonight. Young lad who, IMO, needs a rest

Keogh 8 - Solid as a rock both in defence and going forward.

Tomori 7 - had a good game with that OG and just maybe their 3rd should have been his as well

Malone 6 - Adequate but no more than that

Wilson 5 - quiet all night

Huddlestone - 8.5 - Best man for me both going forwards and backwards

Mount 6 - quietest game in a Derby shirt

Waghorn 6 - scored but not as effective off the ball as he has been

Marriott 7 - scored one, might have had another 2

Lawrence 6 - Not really creative, can't remember a shot from him and someone has to teach him how to tackle as 9 out of every 10 attempted tackles are fouls.
    Agree with nearly everything you say here but I'd swap Keogh and Huddlestone's scores round as I thought Keogh was our best player. I'm also convinced we scored every goal! Oh, and Jack Marriott is going to be a special player!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Agree with nearly everything you say here but I'd swap Keogh and Huddlestone's scores round as I thought Keogh was our best player. I'm also convinced we scored every goal! Oh, and Jack Marriott is going to be a special player!
    As am I MoP

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Glorious failure’ they called it on Sky, about right. Looked like being overrun at times but each
    time we came back and actually finished the stronger.
    Bit generous to Hudds I think MA and I thought Mount grew into the game. Thought Marriott was excellent and ultimately we were unlucky not to take it to penalties.
    Do really hope they’re not knackered for Saturday...tricky and important game.
    RA Why do you think MA was being generous to Hudds I thought he was class last night Game to far for Wilson as I predicted he never had a kick Agree about Marriott he was excellent not just a goalscorer he's a very good player Love to see him with Nugent up front with both intelligent players You have to be proud of them last night just hope we're not a spent force for Saturday massive game Only thing that spoiled last night was some prat decides to kick mine and eight other cars wing mirrors off So much for paying for safe parking no joke driving home from the smoke with no mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA Why do you think MA was being generous to Hudds I thought he was class last night Game to far for Wilson as I predicted he never had a kick Agree about Marriott he was excellent not just a goalscorer he's a very good player Love to see him with Nugent up front with both intelligent players You have to be proud of them last night just hope we're not a spent force for Saturday massive game Only thing that spoiled last night was some prat decides to kick mine and eight other cars wing mirrors off So much for paying for safe parking no joke driving home from the smoke with no mirrors
    I agree he had a good game mista. I’d just have put both Keogh and Marriott ahead of him in the motm reckoning.
    Wilson was the most disappointing imo and I thought Mount was quiet in the first half but strong in the last twenty minutes when we were so close to an equaliser.
    No way Tomori can be ‘credited’ with two own goals imo. The first was a howler from which he recovered brilliantly. The second was a simple unavoidable deflection. The shot was on target anyway so just one of those things and the way such a young player recovered from such a horrible mistake early on to perform as well as he did is highly praiseworthy in my world. Credit where it’s due.
    Sorry to hear about your car, nasty journey caused by total t***s.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I agree he had a good game mista. I’d just have put both Keogh and Marriott ahead of him in the mot
    m reckoning.
    Wilson was the most disappointing imo and I thought Mount was quiet in the first half but strong in the last twenty minutes when we were so close to an equaliser.
    No way Tomori can be ‘credited’ with two own goals imo. The first was a howler from which he recovered brilliantly. The second was a simple unavoidable deflection. The shot was on target anyway so just one of those things and the way such a young player recovered from such a horrible mistake early on to perform as well as he did is highly praiseworthy in my world. Credit where it’s due.
    Sorry to hear about your car, nasty journey caused by total t***s.
    RA yes I'm a big fan of Tomori think he has a big future at Chelsea. Yes my car all you need no mirrors on the M1 Fortunately it's a rental through the business so it on t cost me personally Might take the train next time best of it is i had parked up in Neasden and got to tube into Blackfriars because I don't trust parking anywhere near the ground

You could have parked it at my place if you'd asked...........

. you wouldn't have had the doors left either that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    You could have parked it at my place if you'd asked....

. you wouldn't have had the doors left either that way.
    Thanks for that Geoff I will remember next time suppose I should be thankful it was only the mirrors Would have been a bit cold without any doors

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Thanks for that Geoff I will remember next time suppose I should be thankful it was only the mirrors Would have been a bit cold without any doors
    Coming back from a club in Halifax (John Otway anyone?) after seeing Derby thrashed at Leeds in the late seventies I had to drive home with no passenger side window following a break in. Halifax to Derby in the early hours on a cold autumn night...never been so cold!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)