+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T The True Face Of Austerity

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Im not a political expert but IMO cuts in local government spending have been driven by the reasoning that for too many years labour controlled councils have been their worst enemy regarding waste of public funds and now the labour run councils are blaming the government for trying to pay back years of spending by previous governments.We live in a debt ridden society - the young people of today do not consider waiting and saving enabling them to buy goods /services when it meant they didn't go into debt.How many private companies have "Assistant Directors" PA's and an army of non value adding staff? And before any body cries "Tory scumbag" I am actually a Labour Party card holder.
    Well balanced post BD, under Blair labour created the largest tax payer funded joyride ever, this was built upon the unsolid foundations of debt but supported by (at the time) reliable finance. When he finance stopped Labour looked at the debt and though sh1t it was good while it lasted.

Debt to income ratios are at a all time high as BD alludes to and its the working class who unfortunately want everything now.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Well balanced post BD, under Blair labour created the largest tax payer funded joyride ever, this was built upon the unsolid foundations of debt but supported by (at the time) reliable finance. When he finance stopped Labour looked at the debt and though sh1t it was good while it lasted.

Debt to income ratios are at a all time high as BD alludes to and its the working class who unfortunately want everything now.
    You are aware that George Osborne actually doubled the nation's debt from the last Labour government aren't you gm ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a6947661.html

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You are aware that George Osborne actually doubled the nation's debt from the last Labour government aren't you gm ?
    Another link to prove that in reality, the crash was brought about by banking, capitalist, greed...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-10286820.html

Talking about debt to income ratios, i wonder whose responsible for that rise then??

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Im not a political expert but IMO cuts in local government spending have been driven by the reasoning that for too many years labour controlled councils have been their worst enemy regarding waste of public funds and now the labour run councils are blaming the government for trying to pay back years of spending by previous governments.We live in a debt ridden society - the young people of today do not consider waiting and saving enabling them to buy goods /services when it meant they didn't go into debt.How many private companies have "Assistant Directors" PA's and an army of non value adding staff? And before any body cries "Tory scumbag" I am actually a Labour Party card holder.
    Please explain the 'waste' regarding labour council spending, further, tell me what colour councils have, or are on the brink of financial ruin?

Blaming the government? correct, the gov't has drastically slashed council funding, drastically, costing thousands of jobs and services on the brink, are the gov't paying back years of spending by previous gov'ts?? well, no they're not, the national debt has more than doubled, this gov't has borrowed more than all the labour gov'ts combined.

Living in a debt ridden society, indeed we are, blaming young people for not saving doesn't really cut it does it, i suppose you never had a mortgage then? or a car finance agreement?

If you're a labour party card holder and you have those opinions i'd consider re-evaluating your political preferences..

Is this the same Tony Blair/New Labour who your avatar described as "her greatest achievement?" Blair/New Labour were Tory-lite. Politics has (fortunately) moved on big time and the Labour party is a totally different animal under Corbyn. Maybe not your cup of tea, but don't try to pretend that the current Labour party has any resemblance to Blair and co.

Blair used immigration and political correctness to change/ destroy society in a massive way.

This country will never be the same again, what's more Marxist than that?

There is an argument that he is a neoliberal but that's not the same as being a Tory, the last three Tory PMs have been neoliberals not Tories.

No higher rate taxpayer ever tried to burgle my house. QED.

Well it wouldn't be those at the other end of the social spectrum would it as they already have everything now

No higher rate taxpayer ever tried to burgle my house and I wouldn't want some loser from a council estate operating on me to save my life. Most people are losers simply because they prefer sh*gging, drugs and booze to hard work. Sad but true.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast