+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QPR(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think I should get an extra point for predicting that it would be a dour game! Mind you, I didn't expect it to be THAT bad. I wish I'd watched on fast-forward.
    TM said it was an "ugly" win. I'd go so far as to use the word 'HIDEOUS". All the other results went our way too, so we certainly seem to have had a bit of luck on our side today.
    As I say, I didn't see it.. But we won a game many had us down to lose.. Matters not too much to me how.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    As I say, I didn't see it.. But we won a game many had us down to lose.. Matters not too much to me how.
    Football IS supposed to be a form of entertainment, though, Saxo!
    QPR's plan almost worked, and any chance of fluency was further spoiled by a whistle-happy referee. It's a pity he wasn't as hot on time-wasting as he was on everything else.
    Unfortunately, DG had an off-day, and Dack was well-marshalled. We had a very good chance early on. If that had gone in, QPR would have had to play a different game and it might have been a better spectacle.
    I suspect we might see more of the same from Rotherham, which is a testament to how other teams now regard a trip to Ewood.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    A very poor match, QPR abysmal and time wasting from the kick off, Rovers not much better, very lathargic. Poor ref.
    Great 3 points.

There are very, very few teams in this league to worry about and 7 out of the last 12 points is a good total but we must play to our strengths more and attack, attack, attack, attack, attack
    I thought we were crying out for someone like Chapman for the last half-hour - just to offer a different kind of threat. Still, Brereton's direct running style got us the penalty in the end.
    I was very worried after we scored, though, because our defenders started to panic a bit.
    I'm just going down the road to look at the traffic lights for a bit of excitement. Thank heavens I decided against getting up in the middle of the night to watch it live!

So.. Would you have preferred a lesser result that was more entertaining.. Say a 3-3 draw..?

So.. Would you have preferred a lesser result that was more entertaining.. Say a 3-3 draw..?
    This won't be popular, but - if I'm honest - yes.
    This "points are all that matter" cliche annoys me. There has to be more to sport than that.
    Of course, bottom line, I like Rovers to win, but I wouldn't want to watch that dross 20 times, even in return for 60 points.

First of all
    Well done saxo and aucks for the correct scores.
    We all want to win playing well but if you can beat a team who want nothing more than to nullify your every move then that's the mark of a good team.
    It was very dull but that's a good 3 points
    Rotherham next most will expect a win and we all know what that means.

I thought we were crying out for someone like Chapman for the last half-hour - just to offer a different kind of threat. Still, Brereton's direct running style got us the penalty in the end.
    I was very worried after we scored, though, because our defenders started to panic a bit.
    I'm just going down the road to look at the traffic lights for a bit of excitement. Thank heavens I decided against getting up in the middle of the night to watch it live!
    Totally agree. Yesterday was a poor game. But a great win. I still think we are a Chapman short. And also Danny needs help up front. If we are in the same spot in Jan or higher, we will spend more money to cement it. I think privately we are now seriously aiming for the play offs. Why shouldn't we? West Brom are no better, and they fancy their chances.

're the game. You can't do much when a side puts 10 men behind the ball. And started wasting time after 10 mins. They had one shot, and added nothing whatsoever to the game. You need two sides for a game of football. Not one.

I'm made up for Ben. He's already shown me enough to know he's going to really come on next season. And will be a class act. He won us the pen. He is actually as quick as Armstrong. It's just deceptive as he has a long stride. TM said it last week. He can't wait to see how both come on next season. Raw pace, direct running.
    He is 19, but has a football brain. In the last minute he took the ball into the corner with Dack, and kept it.
    2 seasons ago Sam Gallagher had the same chance vrs Preston. In a viral relegation game. And he doesn't have a football brain. He put the ball in the box when nobody was there, and Preston went up the other end and scored. That sent us down. At 19 Brereton is already streets ahead. And is at the best club to develop.

Personally yesterday I'd have played Rodwell instead of either Smallwood or Evans (who was shocking yesterday) Ritchie is on borrowed time I'm afraid. Reed is wasted out right. He needs to play instead of Richie. He's a far better player. Bennett will play RM now Nyambe is back.
    We didn't need 2 holding spoilers at home to a poor side like them. We needed guile. Someone to pick a pass. Rodwell can do that. Smallwood can't pass, or if he does it's backwards. And Evans is too similar. Both have been ok up to now. But aren't quite good enough moving towards.

They are only 2 points behind us. But are miles off us in terms of a football side. And won't get anywhere near the play offs. And have a joke manager who thinks they should have won. Not with one shot in 90 mins you won't Steve!!!!

This won't be popular, but - if I'm honest - yes.
    This "points are all that matter" cliche annoys me. There has to be more to sport than that.
    Of course, bottom line, I like Rovers to win, but I wouldn't want to watch that dross 20 times, even in return for 60 points.
    That's fine aucks.. Just clarifying where your coming from.. You know me.. I was a big Sam fan.. I take 3 points any which way, and don't look back..!

Champs - I definitely think it should be either/or with Smallwood and Evans in the easier games, with Reed alongside the chosen one, and Bennett on the right. I think playing Reed AND Rothwell in the middle would be a risk (defensively) that TM might still be reluctant to take at the moment. I suppose Rothwell could play on the left, but we don't normally use 4-4-2.
    If we continue with three attackers, we are left with a distinct problem. Namely, which three to play from: Graham, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton, Palmer. Throw Rothwell into the attacking mix as well, and it's a real poser.
    By the way, I'm still not sure about Bell. He's just not as consistent as Williams, despite his extra pace.

I would be tempted by this on Saturday:
    Leutwiler
    Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams
    Bennett Smallwood Reed
    Dack Armstrong
    Graham.

Only just seen ‘highlights’? Myself.
    Accord to all accounts it was a very poor match, but as said it takes two to tango.
    I know where Aucks is coming from myself and I also much prefer a entertaining encounter. However you can’t expect that to be the case every match and maybe moreso these modern days.
    I need though to risk the wrath of Champs and question the ‘winnnig’ of the decisive penalty.
    All I would ask is : IF that had been ‘won’ by the R’s, would we be complaining.
    My suggestion is for sure.
    Only thing in defence of it is that last week we had a stone walled one not awarded.
    Just my opinion Champs, not a full on criticism.
    Even so my predict of 0 - 1 was never on and for that I’m glad , even though I’ve slipped down in the predict league😉

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)