+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daydream Believers

Different opinion from me , don’t understand why they brought politics and the strike into it at the beginning. Should have just stuck to the great story it was. The late 90s were great, good music, the Towns bars were packed every night, club was doing ok don’t see why they had to put a downer on the town in the build up. That’s the kind of crap you expect from some southern film makers who want to patronise the town.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Different opinion from me , don’t understand why they brought politics and the strike into it at the beginning. Should have just stuck to the great story it was. The late 90s were great, good music, the Towns bars were packed every night, club was doing ok don’t see why they had to put a downer on the town in the build up. That’s the kind of crap you expect from some southern film makers who want to patronise the town.
    Surely it's part of the story though isn't it ESR ?

The economic fall out from the closure of mining and the fight in 84 to keep it open did have a massive effect on the club and town .

The Taylor report too had a massive impact on the club , I fully remember the 94/95 season when at the beginning of the season only the east stand was open to reds fans and the west upper was designated for away fans , I think if I remember right we had about 4k for a game against Watford in september and it felt like the club was dying and coincided with the pits closing down for good .

1994/95 was Wilson's first season as player/ manager .

Out of the dark and in to the light is the whole basis of the story and the dark needed to be told .

Just my opinion mate .

I sort of agree about the pits setting the story but people never took that into consideration. I didn’t anyway so the effect worked well. I don’t want to go into too much theory but when creating a plot the ‘hero’ has to lose something so that they can get it back. Mines taken away, football success gets it back. There is a showing at *****tone paramount early December. Crowd founders getting their copies before others as they have had to wait 18 months. The makers are all from Barnsley so I’ve been told.

I've not seen it yet so I'll reserve judgement. I can't wait to see the film because that late 90s era was a glorious time and will no doubt bring back great memories

Av not seen it yit , so can them tharev dunt bi geein no details art please ,

Roma & Jules
    Got an email this aft saying my order was complete and showing billing address and shipping address,I assume that it's not coming by ship (another Americanism eh Exile ?!) so it should be here in the next couple of days.

I can't wait to see it, love my town.

Mate sent me a link to a short film called "its no joke living in Barnsley" but I don't know how to get it on here.
    At first I thought it would be a pyss take but it's not. It's a YTV short film with Brian Glover int Chennells with Arthur Scargill, Charlie Williams, Dorothy Hyman and Ashley Jackson talking about how great the town is. He visits various places in Barnsley including the ground and gets in the bath with the players, great viewing but I can't post the link, if you google the title It'll bring up the film.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Roma & Jules
    Got an email this aft saying my order was complete and showing billing address and shipping address,I assume that it's not coming by ship (another Americanism eh Exile ?!) so it should be here in the next couple of days.

I can't wait to see it, love my town.

Mate sent me a link to a short film called "its no joke living in Barnsley" but I don't know how to get it on here.
    At first I thought it would be a pyss take but it's not. It's a YTV short film with Brian Glover int Chennells with Arthur Scargill, Charlie Williams, Dorothy Hyman and Ashley Jackson talking about how great the town is. He visits various places in Barnsley including the ground and gets in the bath with the players, great viewing but I can't post the link, if you google the title It'll bring up the film.

There you go RF anything for a pal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY44Urkogzo

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Thanks Exile, you're a gent. Have you watched it, great viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Thanks Exile, you're a gent. Have you watched it, great viewing.
    No problem
    Yes would you believe a Welsh friend of mine living in Spain told me about it a couple of months ago
    as you say great viewing

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    That was a pleasure to watch. How times change, Highstone rooard club buzzing & packed tut rafters, market choccablock, seeing old Barnsley main pit head gear in working order, that view of the old Oakwell and the kop afooar the concreted it all. Brilliant. That blowk wit ferret darn his keks, a wo p1ssin missen.

Ashley Jackson looks like he enjoyed a pint or two he wunce voted my painting of Ravens overalls factory as the best out of all the junior schools in Barnsley. Went to meet him and he gave me some very useful artist tips. Nice blowk.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast