+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daydream Believers

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    That was a pleasure to watch. How times change, Highstone rooard club buzzing & packed tut rafters, market choccablock, seeing old Barnsley main pit head gear in working order, that view of the old Oakwell and the kop afooar the concreted it all. Brilliant. That blowk wit ferret darn his keks, a wo p1ssin missen.

Ashley Jackson looks like he enjoyed a pint or two he wunce voted my painting of Ravens overalls factory as the best out of all the junior schools in Barnsley. Went to meet him and he gave me some very useful artist tips. Nice blowk.
    I enjoyed it too pass , community spirit in abundance .

Folk weren't up to their nacker in debt in them days , wanting this phone , that laptop , a twenty grand car and a two hundred grand mortgage .

Paid the bills and enjoyed a good drink whenever they could .

Be abart 25p to watch the reds in 1976 and face workers were getting £70 a week , a pint of bitter was about 20p .

We've all bin fecked over mate when tha thinks abart it .

Ravens Overalls , chuff me , factory still theer up pond street ( barebooarns )

I'm going to Civic on Friday for Dvd launch.
    Is anybody on here going?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    That was a pleasure to watch. How times change, Highstone rooard club buzzing & packed tut rafters, market choccablock, seeing old Barnsley main pit head gear in working order, that view of the old Oakwell and the kop afooar the concreted it all. Brilliant. That blowk wit ferret darn his keks, a wo p1ssin missen.

Ashley Jackson looks like he enjoyed a pint or two he wunce voted my painting of Ravens overalls factory as the best out of all the junior schools in Barnsley. Went to meet him and he gave me some very useful artist tips. Nice blowk.
    Nice to see Charlie Williams in his hey day, curious that they kept talking about peas and pie in the Chennells, we've always called it pie n peas, odd that.
    As a young man I worked at BMB Barnsley on Wakefield Road, we'd actually have a lunch hour in those days and this was taken away from your desk in the can**** (unheard of nowdays). Ashley Jackson used to have a lunchtime programme called " a brush with Ashley" where he'd take folk into various landscapes and help them learn how to paint, following that it was half and hour of neighbours with a young Kylie Minogue, both were essential lunch time viewing.
    Firm was owned by the Harrison family of Cawthorne, Chris Harrison was a director at the club during the promotion season, sold out to Buildbase a few years ago now, don't think he's still involved at BFC not seen him about for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Nice to see Charlie Williams in his hey day, curious that they kept talking about peas and pie in the Chennells, we've always called it pie n peas, odd that.
    As a young man I worked at BMB Barnsley on Wakefield Road, we'd actually have a lunch hour in those days and this was taken away from your desk in the can**** (unheard of nowdays). Ashley Jackson used to have a lunchtime programme called " a brush with Ashley" where he'd take folk into various landscapes and help them learn how to paint, following that it was half and hour of neighbours with a young Kylie Minogue, both were essential lunch time viewing.
    Firm was owned by the Harrison family of Cawthorne, Chris Harrison was a director at the club during the promotion season, sold out to Buildbase a few years ago now, don't think he's still involved at BFC not seen him about for ages.

Aye a remember 'a brush with Ashley ' ont telly RF. Unfortunately I didn't take the next step in painting and fecked about at school instead o knuckling darn. I dare say my kids won't suffer the same fate if they have any potential in a subject

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Ravens Overalls , chuff me , factory still theer up pond street ( barebooarns )
    Fogot t ask Pass , did tha mek enny Monet arrtarritt gud lad thall doo fomee

A went from rags to riches!!

It’s arrived !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    It’s arrived !!!!!!
    And to prove it, it's here [I'm here]

Who said that Roma?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast