+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Halloween

O/T Halloween

Got to be honest I was never a fan of the whole trick or treat stuff, always thought it was an American culture almost forced on us by retail magnates etc. The way this event has grown though is staggering and it's getting bigger and bigger, second only to Christmas now in terms of what people spend.

It has grown on me a bit now though and actually had a party Saturday night. The village I now live in, Wooley Grange was absolutely rammed with kids trick or treating last night, we must have had at least a hundred kids knock our door and we gave away about £30 of sweets. Loads of houses were lit up with images of ghosts and ghouls lighting up the walls and every street name was changed for 2 nights, ours became Goblin Close!!

I reckon all told we must have spent a couple of hundred quid all told.

My kids love it and like I say I'm kind of won over.

What about you lot?

Got to say I love it but then I would it’s my birthday.

Riley, absolutely not. I have (threatening) gangs of ****agers - not kids - banging on my door demanding "treats". It's a frigging disgrace. It's all just capitalism finding new ways to take your money. I met one guy with his 4 kids halfway up my drive and told him either turn around or get smacked in front of the nippers. Stop it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Riley, absolutely not. I have (threatening) gangs of ****agers - not kids - banging on my door demanding "treats". It's a frigging disgrace. It's all just capitalism finding new ways to take your money. I met one guy with his 4 kids halfway up my drive and told him either turn around or get smacked in front of the nippers. Stop it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha ha Monty, I know what you mean tbh pal. The ****agers with just a £1 mask on from poundland who will probably throw eggs at your window if you don't give em owt are a pain, 100% agree

If you are going to adopt USisms then you need to know the protocol. No porch lights on = no trick or treaters welcome. I can take it or leave it. Some do nothing and some go the whole hog. We had one neighbour who did a full re-enactment of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in his front garden. Luckily he took the chain off the saws. Scared the crap out of me.

Loved it as a child, not fussed these days. I was dracula every year because costumes back then were a black bin liner as a cape, bit of self raising flour on the face and blood drawn on with mums lipstick! Walking round the streets with a turnip on a piece of string with a real lit candle inside it. The smell of burning turnip stays with you forever!

Usual charm offensive then? (LOL!)

Thats a disgrace you said you would smack someone infront of his kids !!, Im glad it wernt me as id have called ur bluff. God theres some arrogant bell ends on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    Thats a disgrace you said you would smack someone infront of his kids !!, Im glad it wernt me as id have called ur bluff. God theres some arrogant bell ends on here.
    Chill Winston

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Chill Winston
    Are you for real on here ?, A man is gloating he threatend a farther with 4 children while trick or treating, and you laugh and make light of it. And u tell me to chill

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast