+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest injury update...

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Can't remember - is Raggett right footed?
    From the the three games I've seen him play in, including Wigan away in which he got injured then yes he is right footed.

If he's back somewhere after the next International break it will be more than welcome, lets face it the squad is not big enough.
    We play Norwich first week in December so SR won't be available for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    They tried this with Gerry Forrest & I down think it came off,they tried putting Dave Watson centre forward & that didn’t really come off.If we sell Ajayi it will be as a C/H.
    Dave Watson scored with a lot of headers from corners so it's almost a reason to put him at centre forward. 19 goals in 121 games for us is quite impressive. The move to centre forward brought us a £100,000 transfer fee we probably would not have got for a centre half then, well over 30 years ago. Sunderland eventually switched him back to centre half wher he got 65 caps for England

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    Dave Watson scored with a lot of headers from corners so it's almost a reason to put him at centre forward. 19 goals in 121 games for us is quite impressive. The move to centre forward brought us a £100,000 transfer fee we probably would not have got for a centre half then, well over 30 years ago. Sunderland eventually switched him back to centre half wher he got 65 caps for England
    Yes well over 30 years ago, about 46 by my reckoning. Saw his last game at Millmoor against Port Vale if I remember correctly. Most capped England player to not play in a World Cup finals due to our abject failures in '74 and "78 qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    They tried this with Gerry Forrest & I down think it came off,they tried putting Dave Watson centre forward & that didn’t really come off.If we sell Ajayi it will be as a C/H.
    The difference being that this is not some wing and a prayer, weve already seen ajayi in midfield (leeds and millwall from memory). He wasn't just ok, he was immense. Now obviously two games isnt enough to make a full judgement of him as a midfielder, but I saw enough to want to see more!

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    Yes, sounds about right. He was a success for us at centre forward. His last league game for us was on 4th Dec 1970, by which time he had scored 9 goals in 18 (old) Div 3 appearances in that season, so barring injury, would have probably got over 20 goals for the season if we had kept him up front... and we might have achieved promotion instead of finishing 8th. He also got three FA Cup goals in that season. I think that some of his early season games may have been at centre back (unable to verify), but he always wore "Number 5" that season.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 03-11-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Got cut off...
    Ajayi's heading ability is nowhere near as good as Big Dave's was though, so I'd only play him up front in an emergency

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    No extra information about the Millers team on tonight's Radio DeeDah Wednesday Heaven Show. Lots of moaning Owls fans, plus Brian the Blade, and a slightly saner Blades fan... no fans (or managers) from the Millers, Barnsley, Donny or Chesterfield ... radio station motto - "Serving South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire" ?!?!?
    Brian the blade =time to go for a shower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12